• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rock Krawler X Factor Steering Upgrade

boomhauer said:
You have to look a the mounting point, not where the bar bends in order to determine angle. -B
You are correct,thats why its so obvious your angles are off!
2285723310093170617S600x600Q85.jpg

RCP Phx said:
Why buy it then?
If you want an OTK set-up there are plenty of other excellent set-ups out therethat are designed for that exact purpose!And a hell of alot cheaper!

I wouldn't. lol.

I'll be building my own out of 1.5" DOM, TIG welded with some chromoly heims. If I were to buy a kit, I'd simply go with the JCR 1 ton.

RCP Phx said:

Yeah your trac bar and draglink are to be parallel, so the track bar would need to be mounted over the axle to match them. But a drop pit man arm will bring it closer yet with what you got with out moving the track bar.

MiNi Beast said:
Yeah your trac bar and draglink are to be parallel, so the track bar would need to be mounted over the axle to match them. But a drop pit man arm will bring it closer yet with what you got with out moving the track bar.

A drop pitman would just make the angle difference worse.

MiNi Beast said:
A drop pitman arm will make the angles even worse!

RCP Phx said:

Actually no they aren't. Think of it this way, the tracbar is mounted at the same height as the center of the mounting point of the knuckle; draglink on top, tierod on bottom obviously. Now, maybe the photo is a bit discerning, but the upper tracbar mount is higher and right of the (dropped) pitman arm. Taking that into consideration as well as the bend in the tierod (which actually because of the weight becomes the mounting angle point, makes the points linear, theoretically speaking. I tried ALL the mounting configurations possible, and this is by far the best with the equipment that you see on my XJ. If that bend was not in the tie rod and it wasn't so heavy, i wouldn't argue with you because i would expect a whack of bumpsteer too. I have no bumpsteer whatsoever and it tracks straight with no hands on the wheel while under acceleration. -B

Well Rockkrawler is considered one of the better companys out there!They Designed it and built it to be installed per their design in order for it to work correctly and give the benefits it was marketed for(Full crossover and greater clearnce) and trackbar relocation not required
Because the angles are good.
2120931770093170617S600x600Q85.jpg

Why buy it then?
If you want an OTK set-up there are plenty of other excellent set-ups out therethat are designed for that exact purpose!And a hell of alot cheaper!

I'm wondering about this kit too. I cant see how you would want to mount the drag link on top since it would be non parallel with the track bar.
So will it bind mounted on the bottom when that wheel is at full droop?
Any more owner testimonials on this?

I am running this kit and right now it is set up with the tie rod on top and drag link on bottom like RK tells you to set it up. I am experiencing some bumpsteer with it right now. I am thinking about flipping the tie rod and drag link to see if it is any better. Love the way it performs off road though.

Just installed this last weekend along w/ TnT Y-link (I'm still tired). Seems to function fine - had some bumpsteer instances though. Tie rod leans down onto the drag link - don't like that. No stabilizer or dropped pitman arm yet.....Trying to figure out how to keep the drag link from rubbing the tie rod. What if I put the TR & DL over the knuckle (like the rusty's kit) - Hmmmm...any advice?

Anymore reports on this? I am thinking about picking up a used X Factor system, and was wondering if anyone had anything to say whether or not it limited droop in anyway?

Anymore reports on this? I am thinking about picking up a used X Factor system, and was wondering if anyone had anything to say whether or not it limited droop in anyway?

Well, here's my update. I got tired of trying different ways to get that steering system to function properly. I know i stated in earlier posts that it was good, but it was just a pain in the arse in the long run.
I ditched mine and went with the currie system with a skyjacker pitman arm and that gives me stock geometry in the steering system and i'm at 7-8" lift. If you have any questions, fire away and oh yeah droop is limited. -B

RCP Phx said:

Actually no they aren't. Think of it this way, the tracbar is mounted at the same height as the center of the mounting point of the knuckle; draglink on top, tierod on bottom obviously. Now, maybe the photo is a bit discerning, but the upper tracbar mount is higher and right of the (dropped) pitman arm.

Are you sure boomhauer? Those angles look superb!!! :)

normal_trackbar.jpg

Back