• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rock Krawler X Factor Steering Upgrade

Are you sure boomhauer? Those angles look superb!!! :)

normal_trackbar.jpg

If it were possible and the length of the track be correct you could damn near flip the track bar over and mount it in the steering stabilizer spot for some awesome angles! But that is also assuming you live in a magical world of sorts that would make things that easy! :spin1:

Im looking at purchasing a used setup but the old style with the PS knuckle bracket. Anyone have any pics of it on their jeep? How does it mount on the knuckle bracket? He only wants 100 bucks so I figured it to be a good deal.

I purchased the rock krawler steering....wish i never did! Its solid tubbing, its heavy and had a bracket that bolted to my knuckle that never sat right or mounted right. Its best to have the track bar and drag link bar at the same angle. That kit gave me horrible bumpsteer in the dezert since im into the dezert scene, not a rock crawler. My buddy, brother n law and i built a great steering set up..... works great without any bumpsteer!!!! Good luck with your steering.

Whats your setup? Have any pics? I am building for the dezert scene as well and looking for some pointers/ideas. Did you relocate your trackbar, etc? I am currently running 5.5" springs and RE trackbar with frame side drop bracket.

On my jeep im running 5 in coils,full traction long arm kit. Im in process of making my track bar bracket now. im had my brother n law draw up on a cad program wich came out awsome, then welding it up. track bar at body side will be moved forward maybe one inch so when my front is fully bumped the track bar wont hit my differental.what was important for me to do was have the track bar and drag link bar the same angle as well as the same length from bolt to bolt. track bar and steering cycles the same. The steering we built consist of tie rod bar with hiems, drag link bar hiemed. my drag link connects to the tie rod bar to welded tabs boxed on the back side in pretty much the same area as the stock steering. As the front cycles there is no bumpsteer noticed at all. Shortly to be mounted is 2.5 foas 10 inch with resivor front and 14 2.5 in the back to go with my deaver leafs.Do you have any pics of your project? Good luck with your build.

Last edited:
what are you using for a stabilizer/bracket? I have the same setup and need one. also if you flip the TR and DL do you HAVE to relocate the track bar? and how is that done? thanks

what are you using for a stabilizer/bracket? I have the same setup and need one. also if you flip the TR and DL do you HAVE to relocate the track bar? and how is that done? thanks

You don't/shouldn't need a steering stabilizer.

Yes you need to relocate the trackbar. You want to keep the steering angles and trackbar angles the same. This is usually done by welding a bracket on the axle to for the trackbar.

Not the RK kit but the same idea.
GetAttachment3-1.jpg

GetAttachment1-1.jpg

I tend to agree with everyone saying that you need to have the draglink and trackbar as parallel as possible to limit bump steer and other weird issues. But I also have heard from people doing the drag link over the knuckle while maintaining the stock track bar axle mount location and not getting and bump steer and their angles are not parallel. Makes me wonder what the hell is going on. Any thoughts on this??

I mean this is basically what I have now. This pic was taken on my last jeep, but I am using the same steering and trackbar so the angles are the same. The angles look decent right? Only think I can think of besides redoing everything is to somehow shorten the pitman arm.

9728_100300589991902_100000358834633_4799_7085519_n.jpg

Back