• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rig readyness for Harlan

... its amazing how much the entire xj community always says "ive always wanted one. bla bla bla" but one a rust free one with minor engine problems that RUNS and DRIVES comes up for sale for under a grand nobody wants any part of it...

WTF, I want one! :D

Getting things Done!
Install on board air system-----Done
remove the rest of the AC components----may not do depends on time
double check timing chain...I think it's off and I'm too advanced-----Ping went away when the K&N came out
mount fire extinguishers------done
install front locker---will be done by end of sunday 6/20
install 297 shafts---will be done by end of sunday 6/20
fresh Mobil 1 synthetic oil change----will be done by end of monday 6/21
valve cover gasket----will be done by end of monday 6/21
possible mechanical fan delete with taurus fan-----not going to do before crawl
install sliders----will be done by 6/26
2WD low kit----done
Measure for new rear shocks----done

The list is looking better

Need to throw the front skid on mine.

if i bring the JK... all i got to do is put camping stuff in it and gas :D maybe doing some VERY mild trail riding. nothing major, wife cant know about it either ;) its my DD and NOT for wheeling (as my wife now calls it jeeping)

if i bring the JK... all i got to do is put camping stuff in it and gas :D maybe doing some VERY mild trail riding. nothing major, wife cant know about it either ;) its my DD and NOT for wheeling (as my wife now calls it jeeping)

You will be fine in the JK and we'll be sure to help you if you need spotters. Most of the easy rides are just scenic trailriding.

My list of stuff to do got shorter... found out boggers wont fit, so no point in bumpstopping it now. guess i'm gonna wheel the mallcrawler 17s lol

ok... they fit, i can drive down the road with them... FLAT ROAD!!!
...the boggers are for the trail, where the jeep will be doin' some flexing; and well, if i run the boggers, i can't turn, or flex without them being wedged into the inner fender (on the front)
just gonna have to wait on some long arms to use them :)

Radiator decided to start dripping today... :dunno:

...got a 3 core one ordered, to install tomorrow after work...

Have not touched this since I posted it........guess I need to get to work.

I have yet to build the traction bar.... I guess we are in the same boat. :wow:

After a solid 6 hours of working on the jeep got more off the list:
Install on board air system-----Done
double check timing chain...I think it's off and I'm too advanced-----Ping went away when the K&N came out
mount fire extinguishers------done
install front locker---Done Today!
install 297 shafts---Done Today!
2WD low kit----done
Measure for new rear shocks----done
Replace rear shocks----Done Today!

fresh Mobil 1 synthetic oil change----will be done by end of monday 6/21
valve cover gasket----will be done by end of monday 6/21
possible mechanical fan delete with taurus fan-----not going to do before crawl
remove the rest of the AC components----may not do depends on time
install sliders----will be done by 6/26

Only 5 little things left and maybe a short shakedown run tomorrow or Sunday.

Got my Scangauge II installed today. Took all of a minute to do! :D Just need to install that front skid and get the radiator flush out of the way and I'm good to go once I pack up my stuff! I also made some screens up for my rear windows in case I end up needing to sleep in the Jeep! :D

I got the engine oil changed and a new pinion seal plus new gear oil in the front diff.

It's good to roll now so that may be all I do.

Can't wait to get there!

still doesnt run... not looking good for me... no more fuel rails at pulla part to try tomorrow will either be sweet victory or bitter defeat

Back