• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rig readyness for Harlan

anybody wanna have a jeep work day at Ed's for Memorial Day weekend? :rof:

You will be proud of me. Today I cut out most of the passenger side floor pan. I still need to do final trimming before prepping the metal and then welding in the new floor.

Awesome man! You'll get it done!

I haven't given up hope on mine yet, I am currently working on the 3 link in the front. I hope to get at least the links made and installed today, but we'll see. I will still need to make the track bar, but I kinda need to do the steering first, and that will REQUIRE some help since my steering box is like 75 lbs. Kinda hard to hold it up and try to figure out how to mount it. I think Tim is gonna try to come up for a few days this week so we can get all the suspension knocked out. Then I'll have to start cranking on the LS2 swap in Brent's XJ, but while Im working on that, I am hoping I can get a good welder to come work on welding up everything on Betty.

Ok I need to:

Install 97 Brake MC and Booster
Cut down a spare rear DS
Build traction bar. (If I deceid I need it.)

inched closer on the motor today.... im pretty much taking the comanche apart to make it run at this point ;)

Will this put the mj in a non running state? Isn't it for sale?

I still have to swap in the 9" and 5.13, spool, and disc it. I have to make a track bar and drag link. Lastly I need to pull to old motor and find a donor to swap into it

Will this put the mj in a non running state? Isn't it for sale?

nobody wanted to buy it so im just gonna keep it ;) i need another rig like i need a hole in the head but ill be moving into a house in the next few months and ill have the space to work on it

... its amazing how much the entire xj community always says "ive always wanted one. bla bla bla" but one a rust free one with minor engine problems that RUNS and DRIVES comes up for sale for under a grand nobody wants any part of it...

Well:

TNT Long arms Done
Longer brake lines Done
Longer shocks Done
Taller coils Done
Extended shackles Done
Traction bar
1/4 Guards Almost completely sanded and ready for paint
35's & beadlocks
BPE's Done
New track bar & Bracket Done
CB install
Radio Install & New speakers (long drive to Harlan on 35's & beadlocks)
Track bar brace
Mini Skids on D30 Done

That should be most of it. :cheers:

Slowly but surely!!! It's your typical work in progress.:laugh:

I just cut 12"s off the rear of my heep, and all the cage from the b pillar back.......

I just cut 12"s off the rear of my heep, and all the cage from the b pillar back.......

Pictures of the hack job or it didn't happen! :looney:

Just a few thing to be done:
Install on board air system
remove the rest of the AC components
double check timing chain...I think it's off and I'm too advanced
mount fire extinguishers
install front locker
install 297 shafts
fresh Mobil 1 synthetic oil change
possible mechanical fan delete with taurus fan
install sliders

Cool thing is I have all the stuff already except the fan and oil......just need to get off my butt and install all of it.
Well I was going to post up and mark the things I have done on the list but I haven't done a thing.

Boy I'm glad I'm used to procrastinating.

I got the passenger side of my floor just about buttoned up. I still have to do the drivers side.

My rig goes off to 4WheelParts today to have the cryoed 5.13s and the D44 ARB installed.

Ok I need to:

Install 97 Brake MC and Booster DONE
Cut down a spare rear DS
Build traction bar. (If I deceid I need it.)

Back