• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE 4.5 kit and 35's.......

Ok this is along the same lines but not exactly the same thing. Im installing a 4.5" Rustys lift. The front went on with not one single problem but then I get to the rear. I can get the front leaf spring bolt to spin but it wont back out of the hole. Does anyone know the secret to getting this thing out? PLEASE HELP ME!!! After almost 10 hours of doing this lift I had to bolt the rear back up so the front of the XJ is pointing to the sky
I would soak the snot out of it with some PB Blaster or other penetrating lube for an hour or 2 and then heat it up with a torch for a minute or 2. It's probably just seized up to the sleeve in the spring bushing.
To help prevent this on your new spring bolts, slather the new bolts in some antisieze before installing them.

Damnit, this thread is realllly making me think about replacing my 32's with 35's...

How many of you guys are still running the D30/8.25 combo with stock axles? I'd love to have the ground clearance, but I don't want to start breaking axles all the time.

Thats what I'm running, you have to use more discretion with the skinny
and pick your battles. I have had no issues so far. I have alloy shafts in the rear and I'm getting these for the front;http://rcvperformance.com/store/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=38

I also have 4.10's/Aussie/Detroit now but I'm building some 4.88's. Both will be Aussie locked and trussed.

I'm still waiting for RK to ship me the rear coil convresion kit(which he told me friday, will be here this wed.), then we'll be taking the photo shoot for the cats. and magz. and It will be released on our web sit first. www.orfab.com I'll be sure to say something on NAXJA when its ready. Soon!

And Yes, they are 35x12.50 BFG KM2 with Walker Evans 15" BL's

I'm running D30/ 8.25 with Chrome's in both axles.

god damn that blue jeep is bitchen. When can i get that rear bumper??

Last edited:
Cpolish and flyingphil are those 35x12.5?
Yessir, 35X12.5X15 with 3.75 back spacing. The only rub is when the wheels come in contact with the bottom tip of my Bushwackers. That will be fixed as soon as it warms up a bit up here, it's like -40 this weekend... Plastic reacts adversly to that kind of cold, so manipulating them is a no no.

Philly :canada: :shiver:

Back