• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE 4.5 kit and 35's.......

jooper

NAXJA Forum User
I know it's been done. Anybody running the RE 4.5 kit with 35's? How does the combo work? I know I will need to trim a lot and bumpstop. I'm looking to keep a low center of gravity. On my previous XJ I ran the RE 5.5 kit with 35's and it worked great, but I'm looking to keep my new project a little lower, and a little more simple. Thoughts?? Suggestions?? Pics???

I'm considering the RE 5.5" long arm lift, but with 33's. Any reason you want to go with 35's? You mentioned keeping it simple. That would be a good combo while keeping it simple.

I ran 35's on my last XJ, once you go up a tire size, it's hard to drop back down. 35's are perfect for what I want to do. This will not be a DD either. More of a camping/wheeling rig.

This is a great combination, with a little bit of trimming 35s fit perfectly on the RE 4.5" lift and keep a low center of gravity and still look and perform great. Here is my 98 xj 2 door 35's and RE 5.5" next to my friends 97 xj 4 door RE 4.5" 35s.

DSCN0006.jpg

DSCN0003.jpg

97 xj RE 4.5" 35s on left my 98 xj RE 5.5" 35s on right, YJ on 37s in middle.

Flex.jpg

o baby more pictures.....i have a rustys 4.5 lift and gonna be needing new tires....soon sssssoooooooooo I was thinking going 33's but im diggin the 35s

This is a great combination, with a little bit of trimming 35s fit perfectly on the RE 4.5" lift and keep a low center of gravity and still look and perform great. Here is my 98 xj 2 door 35's and RE 5.5" next to my friends 97 xj 4 door RE 4.5" 35s.

DSCN0006.jpg

DSCN0003.jpg

97 xj RE 4.5" 35s on left my 98 xj RE 5.5" 35s on right, YJ on 37s in middle.

Flex.jpg

:drool:

im the noob on the rope swing in those pics lol.

3.5 and 37's all the way to the left

Man I want so 35's now. What Gears are you running with 35's. The only problem I have with going to 35's is it will be some time before I get the money for new Gears.

im the noob on the rope swing in those pics lol.

3.5 and 37's all the way to the left

Yeah its the one with almost no fender left but hey its works for ya! :thumbup:

BTW it looks mean too!

RE 4.5 and 35's. I am cheating a little bit though, ACOS in the front and shackle relocation brackets in the rear. About 5.5 front and 6.5 rear. I have adjustable bumpstops that I made in the rear and I'm running 3 hockey pucks and one RE BS spacer per side in the front. It stuffs good and to the very limit! No rubs.

I'm also running RE drop brackets and JJ control arms/track bar

1-09-2.jpg

Back