• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project AllOut: a moderate 2door build (pics warning)

they are illegal here in Kalifornia.

(blue lights)

KH

They are illegal in most states unless your state allows volunteer Fire Fighters to run them

Nice Jeep but you need more blue lights its not whacker material yet :firedevil

what are those yellow things on the D rings for?

IMG_0179.jpg

Little update, not much to report.
Added rock lights, somewhat protected by the old front 'bracing'/horn bracket

IMG_0736.jpg

Wired up toggles and put the dash back together finally
IMG_0737.jpg

Cleanly rewired my first-responder lights
IMG_0741.jpg
what are those white dash gauges? ive been looking for something like that for a while now.

what are those yellow things on the D rings for?

They're "isolators" made by Daystar, so the D-rings don't smack against the bumper. Had to up the price of an order a bit to qualify for free shipping ;)

Ha I wonder how much HP each of those LEDs gives them.

what are those white dash gauges? ive been looking for something like that for a while now.

They're actually just overlay stickers. A few different websites sell them in all different colors too.

Those look like MT/R + Kevlar to me... Did you get new tires?

Nice XJ!!

Thanks, yes I upgraded to the new style MTR Kevlars. I have to say, this is my favorite tread pattern so far in terms of on road use also. The old MTRs handled mud better, but I tend to stay away from that now

Well it's been a few years, but still got the rig.. Just broke 100,000 miles the other day. I feel like I've gone more towards making stuff functional as opposed to making stuff look pretty, as shown by my stripped interior haha. Some of this stuff is old at this point, but here it goes.

Rear tire carrier from AJ's
20131019_150254-1.jpg

Pulled the rear seats and headliner
20140523_175208.jpg

Got a piece of steel and painted it as an overhead mount
20140607_175425.jpg

Bend down the sheet metal and mounted it like this on both sides near the A-pillar
20140607_184928.jpg

Last edited:
I did a decent overhaul of my accessory wiring to clean up the engine bay and utilize some distribution blocks. So mounted one of Blue Sea systems boxes in the engine bay and ran some 4AWG back to another in the cargo area.

20140709_195036.jpg

Running the 4AWG to the cargo area was interesting. I was actually able to squeeze it through the grommet in the upper corner of the engine bay on the passenger side firewall. I'd say anything larger than 4AWG through there is going to be tough.

20140604_210825.jpg

A clothes hanger made it possible. Here it is on the passenger side interior.

20140604_211220.jpg

20140604_211236.jpg

Also did the mains wiring upgrade thanks to 5-90 for the supplies

20140523_175149.jpg

Ended up also replacing the entire fuel pump to get rid of that pesky issue of losing fuel pressure back into the tank when it's not running. Could of just replaced a few internal parts, but while I was in there I figured just do the whole thing.

20131018_160744.jpg

There's still a bunch more stuff, I'll update more later.

To end here's a tribute pic of my late 2006 WK that succumbed to a rear-end accident not too long ago

IMAG0278.jpg

Nice job dude.

I'd be careful about running any wires through sheetmetal holes with no rubber/insulation (see bottom red wire on your first picture of the fuse panel on the rear quarter).

Oh man, can't believe its literally been years since I've posted up. I still lurk sometimes but don't nearly spend as much time with the Jeep. Good to see some familiar guys are still active on here though. No major changes since last time haha...but the little fixes never stop and I've still got a list of stuff to do. I sold my built Dana 60s a while back so nothing cool in store for the future for now..

I do get out into the local trails once and awhile still though.

20170121_163907-01.jpeg

Wow, looks great! Good to see you still on the trails! Hopefully you'd have time in June to catch up with some of us in person, if not before!
Rich

Back