• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

On the street...literally.

Dude its cold! lol My garage is heated, everyday I think I will get some time to work on it, something comes up. I did weld in the floors, and I picked up this...

Photo0270.jpg

Photo0269.jpg

I am going to section it, and remove the two horns closest to the middle. It will be sunk into the body and wrap around the fenders nicely. I love it

Yes I will be cutting it down. It lays perfect under the grill so I will just be narrowing it in the middle and removing the two light horns in the middle and keeping the bigger ones.

Its the rear bumper from a 1964 Studebaker Daytona...word.

Its the rear bumper from a 1964 Studebaker Daytona...word.

Nice, so not only will jeep guys hate on you the Studebaker crowd will be pissed your chopping up there parts too. love it :D

I will be sectioning it in the middle with a "Z" cut and either rechroming it or painting it havn't decided. A little bit of chrome would be aight, but I havn't figured out my paint scheme.

I got a metal delivery so I had no excuses not to work on it today. I took a couple hours in the garage, it was good times :thumbup1:

I took this

Photo0294.jpg

and made it look like this

Photo0285.jpg

Photo0288.jpg

and then fitted it and fabricated the sides

Photo0290.jpg

Photo0293.jpg

Photo0292.jpg

This was the first time I've made anything like this. I am very happy with how it turned out. I obviously still have to tweak it a little, bang some low spots out, and bodywork. Its not welded to the truck yet.

Yay or nay? Ya'll like it?

I like to mix up the smooth and boxy looks together. I have always hated the completely smooth "cali skin" tailgate/taillight fad in the custom world. I am keeping the stock tails for at least this season and when I drag my rollpan off and have to make another one (hahaha) I will do something custom with the tails.

I like to mix up the smooth and boxy looks together. I have always hated the completely smooth "cali skin" tailgate/taillight fad in the custom world. I am keeping the stock tails for at least this season and when I drag my rollpan off and have to make another one (hahaha) I will do something custom with the tails.

Caddy lights? Is this what you mean by the "cali skin?" oh and I got the tilted liscense plate in the picture too
a3b4_1.jpg

I will not be doing caddy tails...everybody does that. And I don't like the angled plate box either.

Cali-skin is when they weld the tailgate shut, weld in tail light fillers, and a smooth rollpan all welded together and smoothed out. They use LED strips somewhere for tail lights (if any tails are used).

Back