• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

On the street...literally.

ON_my_DOORS

NAXJA Forum User
My good friend opened me up to this lovely group of Jeepers...nobody else accepts me in the Jeep world so please be kind :D

Realisticly I don't care...and I named my project suitably to that...and this is "Project Troll".

jeepside.jpg

jeepfront.jpg

jeephatch.jpg

I have documented the build...if you are interested. If you want more, I would love to share, but my experience with Jeep enthusiasts hasn't been very warming since I started in May. But I like new friends...CHEERS!!!

I'd love to see more I used to have a bagged shaved Nissan so I know the time and effort your putting into your jeep. Especially for it to lay doors with a unibody and straight axle which I'm sure none of those exist anymore unless you sectiones the whole floor up. I'm defiantly interested man give us some more

wow, id like to see more.
also, that doesnt look like a 30 under the front, looks like A arms or something

haha XJLI...I'm in the same boat as you. I have a Ford 5.0L, T5 ready to go in and thats what the front end is mocked up for...but its really tall and I want minimal exterior body mods. I am leaning towards a turbo 13B rotary.

There is indeed no unibody, no solid axle...and no floors yet haha. It is on a Ford Ranger I beam front end, thats been Z'd and the engine crossmember dropped to lay on factory beams (that way I get THE most negative camber possible when layed out). It is a full frame with full one off body mounts and crossmembers. 4 link rear end, Slam RE7's on all 4 corners, dual compressors, 12 gallon 200 psi tank.

I cut the entire diameter of the truck (of course I did brace it first) and lifted it off and rolled the COMPLETE truck from bumper to bumper out from underneath it.

I will get some shots of the frame setup soon, and I will air it up to ride height (and well beyond) pretty soon. I don't want to rush it and tweak the body out of alignment. I've gone this far with the body lines still lined up...I don't want to mess it up now :p

Truthfully...I started it to piss off as many people as possible. Ranger I-beam front end, STOCK beams laying rail, and a Jeep on its doors. All things people tell me would never work...not that it works yet...

Rotary? Okay now I'm interested. I'd never do something like this, but it's a Jeep, and a shload of work, so if nothing else it should prove entertaining.

Rotary? Okay now I'm interested. I'd never do something like this, but it's a Jeep, and a shload of work, so if nothing else it should prove entertaining.

I dunno about the rotary idea. Good little engines when NA but turbo ones are finicky at best. The intake on the 5.0 my stick out the hood though! Even if this is a bagged XJ it might be an interesting build to watch. Go for it, even though it should be in the air on mud terrains! :D

Dnt ever let anyone tell you what you should do with your ride. Haters gon hate lol.

Subscribed, keep it coming!

I've helped slam several vehicles with my soon to be ex son in law, but never an XJ.

some inspiration for you, it has been done before:

79200964938PM8891.jpg

DSC01536.jpg

0611mt_17_z+farmfest_2006+lowered_jeep_cherokee.jp%20%20g

1011200642019PM42671.jpg

1012004103422PM2711.jpg

1016200875844PM62971.jpg

1211200685113PM68351.jpg

ignore the goofy rims on the white one up top, lol.

Looking forward to some more pics as I mentioned earlier.

My good friend opened me up to this lovely group of Jeepers...nobody else accepts me in the Jeep world so please be kind :D

Realisticly I don't care...and I named my project suitably to that...and this is "Project Troll".

I have documented the build...if you are interested. If you want more, I would love to share, but my experience with Jeep enthusiasts hasn't been very warming since I started in May. But I like new friends...CHEERS!!!

That's just the kind of madness I'd expect from a Canuck :D

Whatever you do, leave the 4x4 badges on it. That would leave people scratching their heads!

i thinks its cool. i personally like that comanche pictured above...
i love mini trucks and slammed rigs

Might be cool with a rear engine and a transaxle. The 5.0 would definately fit under a roof. You might could use front mounted platform in the rear of it. Not too sure what had a 5.0 and was front wheel drive or rear engined though.

Back