• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

On the street...literally.

Like this?
$(KGrHqIOKigE3y6TSVRwBOI2TK2Fbg~~_35.JPG

Also is the xj body welded to the ranger frame or is it being mounted by some sort of body mounts?

Is there any specific reason you're using the EGR spacer and valve? I would think the carb and air cleaner would fit more comfortably without the spacer. I see it has to be backward for firewall clearance, but I'm not seeing what the need for it is.

Is there any specific reason you're using the EGR spacer and valve? I would think the carb and air cleaner would fit more comfortably without the spacer. I see it has to be backward for firewall clearance, but I'm not seeing what the need for it is.

I have to pass emissions testing and in Ontario you have to retain all factory emission equipment on the motor that was on it from the factory in the model year that it is from. The fun thing is that they reference ONE vehicle per year that the engine came out of (for example; they may use an F-150 with a 302 from 1979, but even if you're motor is from a Mustang or a van they will reference the F-150 for emission equipment). The only exception is if you upgrade a feature. For example, deleting a smog pump for updated catalytic converters and for that they look at production dates on the converters.

This relates even to motor swaps in vehicles in which the motor was never a factory option (obviously a 5.0L Ford in a Jeep). With my previous relationship with my local police department, I am following the book for emission equipment as I would like to drive it...maybe.

While I can appreciate all the blood and sweat going into this thing, I still have to say "ummmmmmmmm" to the style. Good looking fab work though!

hahaha thanks for the love. I am really eager to take it out to shows in the spring. A lot of people are hating on it :p

Update soon.

Well actually. Really no new pics, all the work has been underneath. Exhaust is finally 100% done, wiring has been started, firewall is 90% done, driver floor and tunnel is done too. Brake lines are all fabbed and ran...boring update photos :p

Haters gonna hate. This makes me want to build a mini truck even more now but I hardley see any around here even though theres a big club in annopolis sort of close to me.

Can somebody give me a year list of front doors that will direct bolt on? I was told the hinges and latches changed in 95. Also when I search for doors it seems that anything 94+ is listed seperate from pre-94 doors.

I need a new set of front doors and I need an exact year range that will work, and you guys are the best Jeep experts to tell me.

I've never seen a 97+ with vent windows as they went to the one piece windows. That also adds the attraction to get rid of the leaking vent windows.

I lifted Baja Bugs and lowered Cal look Bugs in '78/'79, lowered my '86 Honda CRX-si (in '86), was shocked by the lowered mini truck craze in the 80's but helped friends lower theirs anyway(and then I liked it). Then got married and still lowered my then new '95 Mustang GT convertable (and put child seats in the back,LOL), never got around to lowering my '71 GMC long bed :( So Yeah I'm old, my daughters are 16 and 18 and consuming my time and disposable income right now (not a complaint). All that to say this, I'm loving your work, amazing fab, fun choice of vehicle/motor, keep going!
I can't wait to see the On the street Jeep On the street (but I still want to lift my '01 XJ 4X4 3")

I lifted Baja Bugs and lowered Cal look Bugs in '78/'79, lowered my '86 Honda CRX-si (in '86), was shocked by the lowered mini truck craze in the 80's but helped friends lower theirs anyway(and then I liked it). Then got married and still lowered my then new '95 Mustang GT convertable (and put child seats in the back,LOL), never got around to lowering my '71 GMC long bed :( So Yeah I'm old, my daughters are 16 and 18 and consuming my time and disposable income right now (not a complaint). All that to say this, I'm loving your work, amazing fab, fun choice of vehicle/motor, keep going!
I can't wait to see the On the street Jeep On the street (but I still want to lift my '01 XJ 4X4 3")

Hey thanks, sir! haha

It means a lot to get a thumbs up from someone whos been "around the block"...no offence :worship:

There are threads on here on how to adapt the 97+ doors i dont think its much work at all. you get the one piece window and the cleaner looking foldable mirrors. IMO this thing needs a 97+ facelift :D

Back