• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Official PDX/Vanc Thanksgiving run @ TSF thread

ok so who is leaving when?

roger and me are leving for TSF at 4pm friday from baxter auto parts (cuz thats when i get off work).

any one can tag along.

we will be CB ch.4 from that point out.

I'll be at the shell station at 9am Saturday the 29th. I'll be up for just the day/evening. White Xj with a Rack/ 33" Trxus M/ts

I am not going to be able to make it. A bearing in my rear axle is making a nice growling noise, I believe it is my carrier bearings. I replaced my wheel bearings and seals in the rear axle thinking they were the problem but they are fine. In the process of removing the bearings which wouldn't press off my friend hit the sealing surface on the axle shaft with a cut-off wheel. It now leaks like a mofo! To top it off my very nice Kenwood deck broke.
So I need my rear axle rebuilt, a new axle shaft with a new wheel bearing and seal re drilled to 5 on 4.5 lug pattern, and a new cd player. It has been one awesome week and to top it off I am sick! Have fun everyone!

I am not going to be able to make it. A bearing in my rear axle is making a nice growling noise, I believe it is my carrier bearings. I replaced my wheel bearings and seals in the rear axle thinking they were the problem but they are fine. In the process of removing the bearings which wouldn't press off my friend hit the sealing surface on the axle shaft with a cut-off wheel. It now leaks like a mofo! To top it off my very nice Kenwood deck broke.
So I need my rear axle rebuilt, a new axle shaft with a new wheel bearing and seal re drilled to 5 on 4.5 lug pattern, and a new cd player. It has been one awesome week and to top it off I am sick! Have fun everyone!
That sucks man! Im in the same boat, just barrowing someone elses jeep:scottm:

I relised I gave away my spare tire so the only thing I have to do is go get one of my spare tires mounted on a wheel,

anyone have a wheel laying around? lol

ok so who is leaving when?

roger and me are leving for TSF at 4pm friday from baxter auto parts (cuz thats when i get off work).

any one can tag along.

we will be CB ch.4 from that point out.

Me and terry are comin too.

My dads also comin, but he won't be wheelin. He'll be in the f250 with the camper on it sittin around in camp. He just wants to get out of portland for a while.

i have a stock alu. 6 of them accualy.
DSC_2376.jpg

work 2 more days and pack the cooler :laugh3:

cross 1 thing off my list. work is over now i just gotta survive turkey day and pack the rig :laugh3: woot woot !

oh....and just a reminder.....

just incase lyda is already taken:

i am thinking our back up plan will be the lil hidden camp site directly accross from south fork Rd that we used memorial weekend. for those that don't know where it is..... if we are not at lyda just turn around and follow south fork Rd back out to Hwy 6 and then just take a left on 6, then go about 50ft, take a right and drive back in the bush approx 100 yrds and voila'. there is plenty of room for rigs, tents etc.....

and BRING WOOD !

me and the g/f are thinking of making a day trip up on sunday. ive never been before and am new to naxja.
will annone still be cruzin around sunday and if so maby the best way from salem? independence actualy.
my jeep is not totaly wheel'n rdy but i have enough to cruz around and possably assist with a tow or too. CB channel 4 i see any others in use?
anyway let me know how yall feel bout newbies and ill hopfull see yall sometime round noon sunday.
thx guies
BronzeWyrm

Hi All,

This is my 1st post on the NAXJA forum.

My neighbor invited me to join you all. Now he is not going because his rig is down. I hope it is still ok for me to make the Saturday run with ya'll. I plan on arriving early Saturday AM to join you for the day. I hope this will be ok...?

I will be driving a black F350 Crewcab with small cab overcamper towing an old trailer with my 83 cj8 Scrambler locked front and rear. Saturday morn.
thx:roll:
w

me and the g/f are thinking of making a day trip up on sunday. ive never been before and am new to naxja.
will annone still be cruzin around sunday and if so maby the best way from salem? independence actualy.
my jeep is not totaly wheel'n rdy but i have enough to cruz around and possably assist with a tow or too. CB channel 4 i see any others in use?
anyway let me know how yall feel bout newbies and ill hopfull see yall sometime round noon sunday.
thx guies
BronzeWyrm

You're more then welcome to come tag along. I don't know if we'll still be hitting trails on Sunday, maybe for an hour or two if we do. Either way stop by camp and check in.

Hi All,

This is my 1st post on the NAXJA forum.

My neighbor invited me to join you all. Now he is not going because his rig is down. I hope it is still ok for me to make the Saturday run with ya'll. I plan on arriving early Saturday AM to join you for the day. I hope this will be ok...?

I will be driving a black F350 Crewcab with small cab overcamper towing an old trailer with my 83 cj8 Scrambler locked front and rear. Saturday morn.
thx:roll:
w

I think we can make an exception just this once. :D
See you Saturday.

You're more then welcome to come tag along. I don't know if we'll still be hitting trails on Sunday, maybe for an hour or two if we do. Either way stop by camp and check in.

I think we can make an exception just this once. :D
See you Saturday.

thx... I'm looking forward to "follow the leader" or was it called "follow me" lol :gee:

c ya there
w

Breakfast is cooking, Gear is loaded, Just gotta head downtown and fight the parade traffic and load it in my buddy's truck and we're on our way

Back