• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Official PDX/Vanc Thanksgiving run @ TSF thread

I got the money to go!
Waiting for boss man to say ok.
I asked for Saturday off a month be for hand, so if he says no. Ill be looking for a new job!
I'm going to browns camp!!!!

I was at TSF last weekend and it seemed harder than normal. I think the rain we have been getting had washed out some spots on the trail. It seemed like there was bigger holes in front of lots of the rocks and ledges their were to climb. It made it alot more fun and difficult to drive but it took longer to get down the trails if you opted to take the harder lines. It was fun. One TJ with a dana 44 front on 37 MTR's busted a axle u-joint. It should be fun for thanksgiving and snow would be awesome! Here are the few pictures I got, of course none of me. I am horrible with trail names so I don't know which trails these are.

BrownsCamp001.jpg

BrownsCamp004.jpg

BrownsCamp010.jpg

If any of you know Dan, he finally took his cruiser out to browns camp and it is for the most part done. Just some minor tweaks.

Re: Official PDX/Vanc Thanksgiving run thread

Pretty easy. Just take hwy 6 West till right about mp20 and turn left. There's a sign there for the South Fork Prison Camp and follow the map.
I guess from Vancouver it'd be 5 south to 405 south to 26 west to 6 west
LydaCampDirections.jpg

can anyone give directions to the camping spot?

it is really pretty easy to find just take a left at south fork road, it is just past mile post 28. almost directly across from the Elk Creek camp ground turnoff. follow south fork road (gravil road) past the prison camp, and about a half mile to a mile past that the road forks, kinda straight and a bridge to the right. cross the bridge to the right and right after you cross it hang a left into Lyda camp. I'll put up some paper plates. Ch4 if u need search n rescue :guitar:

Lyda Camp GPS = N 45*35.224' W 123*26.370'

So...... who is planning on camping friday night ? post up please

oh....and anyone who is planning on camping either friday or saturday night.....BRING FIRE WOOD ! ! ! LOTS OF IT !

I'll fill my bed up. My neighbor cuts down trees for a living. Last camping trip i filled the bed of our F-250 with very dry cedar that he gave me. I'll try to make it Friday.

We'll be camping Friday night for sure. Any bed space we don't have gear in will be packed with firewood. Don't want to drink in the cold right?

Back