• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NAC Meet and Greet- Our Weekend at the Junkyard!!

Adam - if I go, those body panels have your name on them as far as I'm concerned

Thanks man, i'm still talking with Ross to see if we are gonna go. I'll let you know what we do.

I need a front hp Dana 30 plus extras but that top on my list I'm sure it will be there waiting for me can't wait

Looks like the one on the left has a 3-4.5" lift kit. might have some other goodies as while.....

like the Reese hitch on the back of it

Should be a nice time, i have my list ready!

i assume this is gonne be a U-pull it

Nope, Andy has offered to take orders and pre-pull everything for us. I think he is gonna even deliver stuff to our houses. What a guy!

In that case....

Andy, I want a automatic transmission, with the transfer case still attached, I want a few steering boxes, grab me a computer with wiring & a headlight wiring harness, a 97+ fenders grill & headlight conversion, two rims without a tire, a steering column & a shifter knob. Ill PM my address to you.

Andy, if you could just deliver that entire Amber XJ and i'll let you know when i'm done so you can come pick it up. I'll pm you my address, drop it off in the side yard...thanks buddy.

Rich ... you need a co-pilot? I need a door panel, and I'm sure I can think of some other stuff. Gonna need to take a day off from work, but it's gonna be extremely hard. I'll be returning from vacation on the 20th :(.

Lavern, you are always welcome, and you know I'm "comin correct", give me a shout beforehand and we can roll up..I'll bring the wrenches and the parts wagon, you bring the funny.
Rich

screw it, I'll be there regardless of whether I get parts or not, I haven't met a whole bunch of you guys

Nope, Andy has offered to take orders and pre-pull everything for us. I think he is gonna even deliver stuff to our houses. What a guy!

LOL... better go look in your truck J, that compressor just MIGHT NOT be there...:D

Yep, you guessed it Chris, this is a U-Pull-It, not an Andy-Pull-It...

This should be fun... I can just imagine the hard-core b@ll-busting that is gonna take place..... the first one that hits Jordan in the forehead with a tool wins... I might just throw my half-full glass at him...:D

Andy,

Can you please not mention balls, tools, and my forehead in the same post. There is just something very disturbing about that.

Thanks.

PS - You better not touch my shiny new compressor ..... I still need to figure out how to make it work.

funny%20animated%20gifs%2084.jpg

OK Gents, FINALLY got a price list for some of the "more-desired" components from the junkyard... Some of these prices are not as good as some other places, but there is a great selection of VERY minorly picked over XJ's in this yard.

Seats- $25-$50/ea depending on condition
Driveshafts- $25/ea
Transfer Case- $75/ea
Transmission- $75/ea
Fully loaded Header Panel (lights/markers/grill)- $60/ea
JUST a bare Header Panel- $40/ea
Tail light Housing (no wiring/sockets/bulbs)- $20/ea
Hatch (with all components still attached)- $60/ea
Doors (with all components still attached)- $65/ea
Drivers/Passengers front Fenders- $40/ea ($80/set w/flares)
Axleshafts- (inner/outer w/u-joint/unit bearing) $25/ea ($50 for both sides)
Rear Axle- (D35/8.25) $75/ea
Front Axle- $75/ea (this is JUST the axle w/shafts and outer knuckles, no steering. Plan on paying $75 extra if taking rotors/calipers/steering. There is a possibility of negotiating for this extra, but PLAN on it anyway)

This is ALL THAT WE PRICED OUT.... I would HIGHLY recommend writing down a list of things you need, then checking with the junkyard employee (there will be a person stationed right in the yard with us on Saturday/Sunday) if you want to pull something that IS NOT on the list above. If your a good negotiator, that is a plus too. :laugh:

Please don't ask about an XJ part not listed above in this post, as I have no idea how it would be priced, and probably wouldn't be accurate even if I TRIED to guess... :banghead:

Also FYI... If you don't NEED something, please don't just pull it with plans of re-selling it on E-bay/NAC Classifieds or other Jeep sites. This was not meant to be a money-making venture for the NAC members, it was meant to HELP NAC MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO PARTS THEY MAY NEED/WANT... not to "stock up" and then try to sell the parts for a profit to other NAC members...

Thanks,
A.

Last edited:
Back