• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NAC Meet and Greet- Our Weekend at the Junkyard!!

Who wants to head down? We can either split gas prices out per-part and bring stuff back for everyone in NAC, or just split gas prices 50/50 and fill the whole back with parts, or something.
If you want to catch a ride with me that is also an option. Like I said I will either be driving the XJ with a trailer or a suburban. The burb would be a bit of a nicer ride plus it has more storage room than an MJ. Burb + trailer = I could probably bring a whole Jeep home in pieces. Hmmmm... kindof tempting to try :laugh3:

Anybody able to answer whether they will be charging core prices or not? I got some stuff I should bring along if so...

If I know shorty's like I think I do, Half of that sit won't be there by the time the 24th rolls around.

is there any 00-01's with the 16" Icon wheels? im looking for a set

Can I start a dibs list:
97+ patriot blue hood and limited/classic bumpers and side molding
97+ black leather seats
97+ overhead console gray

I actually can't think of anything I really need. The only stuff on my list is a WJ booster/MC if I can find one, an 8.25 diff cover, a WJ ABS modulator or two, and some WJ ABS wheel sensors and tone rings. Other than that I'd probably just look for stuff I don't realize I need and pick up whatever the rest of NAC-NE needs/wants.

A good deal of this list will even be taken care of by this weekend or next, since I'm hitting the yard this week and going to the all you can carry at a local yard next week.

Yea I'll be looking for either a WJ booster/mc or 95/96 booster/mc. Possibly 2 door doors to make some half doors, maybe a less rusted D30 and 8.25 29sp. Depends on the prices and the cash flow at the time.

You know what, if thats what you think, then don't come....:rolleyes:
Sorry, I guess I was being a little cynical but a simple "that's not what how it's going to be like" would've been fine.

You got some great pictures, and I am really looking forward to meeting people and hanging out in the junk yard. But.. Having spent hundreds of hours in Shorty's and shorty and dave's, and having built most of my jeep from Shory and Dave's I have a hard time believing that between now and the 24th the yard is just going to sit and wait for us to come get it.

So, I get that your post says' SOLE access to these jeeps. but we can all tell already there are parts missing from a bunch of them.

You have people posting "dibs" lists, and planing trips down from Mass to hit this yard (which is awesome!) All I was attempting to do was put the word out there that this, just MIGHT be missing ALOT of the parts from those jeeps. So that people driving down from Mass, or putting dibs on parts are not horribly pissed off when they get there to find what they were looking for missing.

Like I said before, Sorry, I am really looking forward to it, and I didn't mean to rain on your parade.

The area with these Jeeps is locked and not accessible by the general public. we have the honor of being the first to enter.

However, on some of the bigger ticket items like untorn WJ heated drivers leather seats in MINT condition... he gets a premium for. His staff has removed some items such as this.

Keep in mind this one one of three locations he has. Shorty did mention that his other yards have Jeeps in them as well. He kept most of the 97+ and clean ZJ/WJ's in this yard for our benefit.

His other yards if you want to check them out are located at:

2778 S. Blackhorse Pike
Williamstown,NJ 08094

3215 S. 63rd St
Phila,Pa 19153
(63rd and Passyunk)

as far as "dibs" goes, i would have to assume this is a first come first serve basis, because i know ALOT of us are looking for the same parts

anyone know how pricing works there? are the resonable? im lookin for wheels/tires, 97+ hatch and hatch struts

AFAIK - theyre making a "NAXJA Special" pricelist they are putting together for us.

We tried to specify key items that will be likely candidates for pulling to help them in the process. I'm sure they'll be contacting Andy when they have something written up.

anyone know how pricing works there? are the resonable? im lookin for wheels/tires, 97+ hatch and hatch struts

Still confirming pricing on most of the major things, but I was told "discount pricing" by Shorty himself...

A few things he told me were wheels Qty 4 for $100, if good tires, then possibly $200.

Who doesn't like discount pricing? Haha. As far as calling dibs, from what it looks like there is plenty enough for everybody and doesn't look like very many parts are gone already.

Back