• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NAC Meet and Greet- Our Weekend at the Junkyard!!

Sweet prices. Not bad at all. Now I definitely plan on picking up both front and rear axles.

Drivers/Passengers front Fenders- $40/ea ($80/set w/flares)

andy
$80 a set .... is that for driver and passenger with flares and lights
or is it each side with flares, lights?
$40 each side bare?

i need the whole front clip need to bring enough cash.
do they take plastic?

I meant to ask... do we have a start time for this yet?
And do you need people to bring soda or any kind of utensils or anything like that for lunch?

andy
$80 a set .... is that for driver and passenger with flares and lights
or is it each side with flares, lights?
$40 each side bare?

i need the whole front clip need to bring enough cash.
do they take plastic?

Lights? Theres no lights on the front fenders, the only "extra" thing you get with the fenders are just the flares on the wheel well opening. The fenders (w/flare mounted)are $40/ea side, or $80 for the set.

The header panel has all the lights... its priced above.

No plastic, cash only...

Aside from seats/driveshafts/tail lights/doors/fenders, those prices all beat my local yards by a decent amount.

As for stocking up on parts and selling them for profit, haha, I don't think I've managed to turn a profit yet... in general I sell parts to recover losses, and when I grab something because it's rare I usually sell it for what I paid, because I only grab stuff like that to keep it from getting crushed.

OK Gents, FINALLY got a price list for some of the "more-desired" components from the junkyard... Some of these prices are not as good as some other places, but there is a great selection of VERY minorly picked over XJ's in this yard.

JUST a bare Header Panel- $40/ea
Doors (with all components still attached)- $65/ea

Thanks,
A.

40 + 60 + 80 + 50 * 4 (gutted doors) = CHA CHING!!! I just need to close my eyes and hand the gentleman the cash because this is the only chance i'll ever get at replacement body panels

I might have to try to get down to this, and pick up a spare ax-15 for when mine completely shits the bed. Ken / Scott are you still thinking of going down? I can ride shotgun and throw down for gas

I will be trying to get down. Still can't commit %100 but going to try. I think some of it depends on what I can get from the 'all you can carry'. If I don't find much that's overly useful at the all you can carry I will be borrowing the suburban or the traverse (I figure the full size of the burb might not be necessary esp if I have a trailer :laugh3: And if I head down you can def ride shotty.

Kyle - probably, basically unless I decide it costs me too much money/time. I'm mostly going for the meet and greet because I likely will have everything I need after the all you can carry. You're welcome to the passenger seat in the MJ but I have no idea where you're gonna sleep, I'm either gonna hammock it up again if the weather is nice and NOT WINDY or just crash in the driver seat.

Kyle - probably, basically unless I decide it costs me too much money/time. I'm mostly going for the meet and greet because I likely will have everything I need after the all you can carry. You're welcome to the passenger seat in the MJ but I have no idea where you're gonna sleep, I'm either gonna hammock it up again if the weather is nice and NOT WINDY or just crash in the driver seat.

how is it in a hammock? i've got one and of course it's fantastic for short naps, but i've never slept an entire night in one

Neither have I... got a good 4 hours or so but then woke up in a wind storm. Ever try sleeping when you're swinging from 3 oclock to 9 oclock? :roll:

It was a hell of a lot more comfortable than sleeping in the driver seat of a Jeep, even with it reclined and parked facing up the steepest hill I could find.

anybody goin to this wanna grab me a spare set of front shafts, non-abs :D

Well, I'm definitely going unless the MJ breaks badly enough that I can't fix it in the next week. I haven't met a whole bunch of the PA/NJ crew and I didn't get everything I needed at the all you can carry, mostly because I forgot some of my list and some things weren't in the yard.

How good is "good" pricing? And are there any possibilities of parts being pulled for someone that can't make it down there? Potentially I'm interested in a 97+ front clip, 2 door seats/sliders, all four power everything doors from a 4 door, maybe a few other smaller things... Might not be worth it with the distance and all, just brainstorming I guess.

My local yards both just changed their policies on "u-pull it". The yards are now off limits except if you have one of their employees with you. No more browsing... And anything more than a simple pull, they have to pull it (which you pay for of course). To top it off they increased prices since "after CFC there are less of these rigs on the road, so parts are worth more now"...
Still looking for this? Let me know an exact list with preferred colors and I'll pick up as much of it as I can.

anybody goin to this wanna grab me a spare set of front shafts, non-abs :D
99.5 down or 99.5 up for the unit bearings? I forget what year your d30 is.

Weather's looking crappy starting Thursday, this may mean a hotel unless someone has a spare couch (or two if Kyle is heading down as well) they wouldn't mind lending for a few nights...

Back