• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NAC Meet and Greet- Our Weekend at the Junkyard!!

I'm in, need a crack free grill 97+. I'm glade you guys can't see the tears running down my face.:bawl:

Looks like the one on the left has a 3-4.5" lift kit. might have some other goodies as while.....
looks like maybe a riddler rear diff cover.

this is a crazy opportunity. almost wish i could go get a new unibody or trailer one home and swap a new 4.0 in.

Man...I might need to get in on this.

I need an overhead console for a 2000 XJ, a tan leather seat for a 01...even if its just the bottom cover. A steering wheel rim for a 2000. Im sure I can come up with more stuff...

But it really makes me sick to see some of those Jeeps sitting there. And thats just in THIS area. Imagine how many yards there are like this. What a waste. That amber Jeep makes me sad.

No rolling chassis...so Im guessing they wont release anything with a VIN associated with it? In other words...complete jeep, minus axles still = rolling chassis? Im sure they arent giving out titles either way. Bummer.

J.

I checked with you in mind.. all the tan's that had a good drivers seat were gone... both of them. There is one set but the window has been down and it's taken damage.

Theres a very beat up Briarwood there...

Oh man, I reallly want to go to that.

If any of those WJ's have tan leather seats, PLEASE let me know.

I'd like to publically thank Sean aka IRSHSPDFRK for making this happen. He's the member who used some connections and put this in Andy's hands.

Well done dudes.... :cheers:

I checked with you in mind.. all the tan's that had a good drivers seat were gone... both of them. There is one set but the window has been down and it's taken damage.

Theres a very beat up Briarwood there...

:cheers:
Thanks a lot John, I appreciate that.

How beat up is the Brairwood? I need a few miscellaneous interior/exterior pieces off it for mine. (i.e. the passenger side cargo cover tab) If there is anything salveagable, let me know and if someone could pull it, it would be much appreciated.

I would like to go down there and join in, but I just don't think that it would be practical. I talked with Colin today and it would be atleast $150 alone in gas, assuming a 20mpg vehicle.

You bet... i'll take a look. If you would PM me a pic of one..

:cheers:
Thanks a lot John, I appreciate that.

How beat up is the Brairwood? I need a few miscellaneous interior/exterior pieces off it for mine. (i.e. the passenger side cargo cover tab) If there is anything salveagable, let me know and if someone could pull it, it would be much appreciated.

I would like to go down there and join in, but I just don't think that it would be practical. I talked with Colin today and it would be atleast $150 alone in gas, assuming a 20mpg vehicle.

Couple pics i took...

shortysnacevent3.jpg

shortysnacevent13.jpg

shortysnacevent12.jpg

shortysnacevent11.jpg

I will be in on this.

I need a hood and hatch from a 97+ and any other parts I can afford.

I am thinking wheels might be in order too.

Thanks Sean, Andy and the rest of you guys for putting this together and seeing it through!

almost wish i could go get a new unibody or trailer one home and swap a new 4.0 in.
I was thinking the exact same thing. I hate C4C. I can't tell what's worse... that they kill perfectly good vehicles or that they then refuse to allow the vehicle (as a whole) to be sold and/or ever put back on the road again. If I could pick a whole rig up and swap a new 4.0 (or even use it as a base for an LS swap) I would be all over that.

regardless I think I might have to borrow the parent's suburban and/or trailer for this weekend, the trailer may be enough. I don't have THAT much that I need XJ-wise, but I'm sure I can find stuff. :D Currently need a carpet for a '93, brake booster from 95/96 (or just get one off a WJ so I get the prop valve as well), maybe a few 2 dr specific parts if they are there, hmmm, what else... maybe a new front clip from a 97+ to swap on just for the hell of it. Some other random interior parts, oh god, I need to start saving

Edit: hell, if there are some good 4.5" springs I may need to snag those if no one else does. Depends on what brand though I suppose. My 3" BDS springs have sagged a bit from 3.5" down to ??" after I threw the bumper on there. Need to level her out a bit. :) What are the JY rules or will this be a "everything is fair game" type of day? I know alot of yards (at least near me) have rules against torches or jacks etc. Aka could I bring a torch and/or a generator to assist in everyone's part pulling endeavors?

Last edited:
I'm on this. I will make sure I have off work for the whole weekend and be there both days. Also glad I found out about this before I spent all my jeep money! Thanks for setting up the date well in advance and thank. For letting red members have first pick! I can't wait for the 24 th. This is going to be one hell of a meet and greet. . .or maybe beat and greet if it gets competitive.

In the prior thread about this there was discussion of how close access we can get to the vehicles with our vehicles. (like a trailer with a generator and air compressor on it.)

Any Chance that we can confirm the possibility to run some power tools?

This is the only chance Adam will ever have at getting body parts for his amber fire XJ.
I was thinking exactly the same thing.

Hmmm... I don't have anything set up for the weekend of the 24th yet. I have an MJ.

Who wants to head down? We can either split gas prices out per-part and bring stuff back for everyone in NAC, or just split gas prices 50/50 and fill the whole back with parts, or something.

Speaking of which any MJs in that lot? I would love to find a mostly rust free SWB with an intact spare tire winch, mine rusted out so bad that my spare tire is somewhere on the interstate between mass and pennsylvania from when I went to the trail cut turned trail ride.

EDIT: any 2.5L 5speeds? :eyes:

Last edited:
Back