• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

my XJ stage 2 build thread

yeah i think i will, add it later if i need to. How hard is it to get hte leaf spring mounts lined up correctly?

Easy, just bolt everything up, and then make sure its an even length on ether side....from perch to wheel..........NOT from perch to center housing b/c on a 8.8.....I think it has a small offset to one side

yeah i think i will, add it later if i need to. How hard is it to get hte leaf spring mounts lined up correctly?

I haven't done an 8.8 swap, but I did my 9" swap. The concept is the same, just narrower with a flange off the pinion vs. a yoke. I'm out near the coast about 1 1/2-2 hours away from Raleigh. $400 is just insane for labor. If you can hold off until I get my Jeep buttoned up, so I finally have a weekend to spare, we can knock it out on a sat or something. I'll PM you my number if you're interested.

Yeah man im def interested. Pm me. I would like to have a buddy while doing this build and you seem knowledgeable enough. I wont be doing it untill January though, but at that time its game on for some half ton axle swappage haha

PM sent, so apparently no hard feelings about the tie rod thing? :) I'll be more than happy to help, hopefully I'll have mine done done by then too.

this thread is a damned joke. I searched for death wobble and this was the first post up. Either the search function is broken, or...something.
Come looking for answers, and get a bowlfull of bullshit!

Okay guys, i finally started my stage 2 build of my xj. Lift of my xj as of recent consisted of a 4.5" RE super flex lift, it had a worn Heim on the RE track bar and a worn bushing on that as well, also hte control arms lower super flex joints were bad, one extremely loose, the other way too tight. The steering was out of whack and i wanted more lift anyway. Also my dana 30Hp was junk, split bearing, totaled u-joint, bent LCA, bent UCA, leaking pinion seal and 3.07s I have this to add...
-blocks by RE
-new rustys coils
-RC drop brackets
-Rubicon Express Super flex track bar and bracket, plus 1" coupler
-JCR steering (getting pre-reamed knuckles from them and sending htem my pitman arm to be reamed)
-Also picked up 2 dana 30s for $175, one with 4.10s and one wiht 3.55s

Anyyyyway, we got hte old axle off, were still workin on some stuff and we are having some problems. The biggest problem would be the freaking pitman arm, i need to get it off to mail it to JCR for them to ream it. It has come off about 2/5", not too bad but it come come anymore. Also i broke a pitman arm puller that i RENTED :gonnablow

How the hell do i get hte pitman arm off? I really want to install my JCR steering :)

Then why don't you start a new thread on all this new stuff you're covering and try not to make a new member feel like he's a dick for answering the question at the beginning of the thread?

Back