• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My 98 XJ lots of pictures

camarors8992

NAXJA Forum User
I figured that I would exercise my new found freedom on the site now that I'm a member. :) I currently own a 98 Cherokee Classic, I love the Jeep. I bought it dirt cheap ($2,750 with 78k miles on it and one owner) and haven't had a single mechanical issue with it. I love this thing, I'd take it anywhere I pleased with no worries. Well roughly one year later it's about to roll to 97k and I still love the thing. I bought it completely stock and not much has changed, just some small minor changes to make it mine.

It's tough buying a car when it's covered in snow.
100_1799.jpg

Wash and wax, notice the terrible mud flaps
DSC01444.jpg

First wheeling trip
100_2004.jpg

100_2013.jpg

added some lights.
100_2025.jpg

DSC_0188.jpg

and some more lights.
100_2533.jpg

and then painted the rims black
100_2787.jpg

Ripped the bumper off via cheap tow hooks
jamesjeep.jpg

Not sure how to fix this, but the bumper is back on semi-right.
100_2918.jpg

100_2927.jpg

POS brackets
100_2922.jpg

31s
101_3187.jpg

Good looking XJ. Rims are awesome. Sucks about the bumper.

I think I'm going to take another look at my tow hooks.

:wow:

Russ Pottenger said:
I think I'm going to take another look at my tow hooks.

:wow:

Same here....

Likin those rims black like that...definitely different.

Rims look great!

Those look like those crappy quadratec tow hook brackets

Nice rig, I got my 99 for $1750 and haven't looked back since...

Someone needs a Rigidco bumper haha

camarors8992 said:
This happened last night making a left turn, it's going take even longer for the lift now.

101_3252.jpg

it shouldn't. just get the full pack, only a little bit more.

Na...get it sooner...Get a lift with a full pack...I was tossing the AAL's and I'm really glad I just got new leaves...(had a AAL BB before)

camarors8992 said:
This happened last night making a left turn, it's going take even longer for the lift now.

101_3252.jpg

so thats what happens when you combine old worn out leaf springs w/ lift blocks!

i thought something like that might happen, seeing as you are putting the stress on the spring where the edges of the lift block start and end.

i'm gonna be ordering my Lift w/full packs asap, cause i have a 2" lift block on my rear axle as well!:wow:

i sure hope mine doesnt do that b4 i can get my lift on!

So the blocks caused this ? I have a set of BRAND new rough country shackles sitting right here. When I get the new replacement leaves should I just use the shackles rather than the block ? If so will my exhaust tip get in the way and cause problems?

from the looks of where it broke(snapped) i would say yes to the blocks being the root cause of failure.

if you do a search for lift blocks i am sure you can find many many many threads where everyone wants to talk the person questioning using them out of the idea.

i personally used them for the last few months as temporary clearance to fit 31"A/T since i desperatly needed new tires at the time. i am about to order a 3.5" lift. and i am gonna do it right this time. full leafs! if you get AAL in a kit, a few months later when they sag out you are gonna wish you got the full leafs. and if you get blocks in a kit, well........that is a good indication of what can happen when paired with old leafs.

the blocks put ALOT of stress on the already stressed out 10-??? year old leafs and somethings gotta give.

Personally i have not installed a lift shackle yet, so one of these other guys who have should chime in and give ya some hints. i wouldn't think it would on a stock exhaust system, but i have heard of cases where lift shackles and aftermarket exhausts have their complications when used together.

i see you have been using this site for quite awhile now, the Search bar can be your friend. i've only been using this site for less then a year and i have learned soooo much just by searching through the threads. *not trying to say you haven't searched but i have seen threads on the block issue and exhaust issue in here b4.*

good luck my friend

Back