• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My 98 XJ lots of pictures

New springs vs old springs
IMAGE_083.jpg

That's where the rear will be, I'm waiting for my coil spacers to show up to level it out. :)

IMAGE_085.jpg

i necognize that exhaust tip, is that a dynomax catback system? i have the same. sounds good and no problems yet.

so those springs you just installed are "factory replacements" from qtec.?
they look to sit pretty high.

cant tell but did you use the lift shackles you had mentioned previously?
never mind that last question, i see the blocks are still in there, you should've used the new shackles. unless you mocked it up and they got in the way of the exhaust, which i can see cause the tip shoots out to the side a little bit.

I wanted to, but that would mean hacking my exhaust up. So I just re-used the blocks and got some more U-bolts. Yea those are their HD Oem replacements, which sit 2 1/2 over the old springs that were on there. I'm sure they'll settle some but damn. It's a stock replacement muffler and tailpipe, but it is a dynomax tip. Good eye.

Not to mention a crappy shackle angle causing a harsh ride. They both have they're pros and cons, and the blocks proved to be the better choice.

btw, it sits real nice with those new springs in there. and those are 31's correct?

also if you still remember which spring assembly you ordered (5 1/2, 6 1/8, or 7") that would be awesome to know, cause i am looking to do a bastard pack and that seems to be a good base for the lift i would be doing. how much added lift would you say you got outta those leafs?

is that a dana or 8.25 under there?

Sure must be nice to have a lift to put the Jeep on when working on it......some of us have to suffer with jackstands.....:D

Speaking of which... whats the plans with those upcountry's I gave you?

ZacSquatch said:
Speaking of which... whats the plans with those upcountry's I gave you?
Soon my friend....soon. Waiting to see what the deal is with that job I interviewed for, and how it's looking like for summer in terms of work and traveling.

That and, I need to get my hands on some upcountry coil springs.

i like it man! sits real nice with the 31's under it on them custom 5 spoke rims. good job.

so whats next on the mod list?
rocker rails?
front or rear bumper?
bigger lift?

Skid plates. Gas tank, engine, and transmission. Then I want to up the lift, to something like the RE 3.5" and then lockers and bumpers.

i am in the same frame of mind right now also....SKIDS.........ooooooooh.

i'm actually hitting a few local yards tomorrow and seeing if i can find some factory stuff though. would rather not spend a whole lotta $ on some stuff if i dont have too. i would rather save up for some good rocker sliders. say AJ's or such.

currently only 2" lift on 31's but upping the ante' to 3.5-4 with coils and bastard pack rear leaf setup. i gotta get rid of my 2" blocks, i am afraid of what might happen....... see middle of thread for scary pic of leafs.

Can you post a picture of your jeep ? It's sounds very similar to my Jeep. :) Yea, that picture is scary, it was even scarier when I was driving and i heard the " BAM" and the entire Jeep dropped. LOL

Just so you know with that much lift you need brake lines, shocks, track bar, control arms, and a longer rear driveshaft. My driveshaft pulled way out of the T-case with the springs and blocks with kind of scares me, but no problems yet. I also have no vibs which surprised me.

yeah, i got a list......a very long list of all the parts i need when i get to upping to 3.5". like said control arms, relocating brake lines, longer slip yoke, shocks, worn suspension bushings, track bar, swaybar disco's, S10 leafs for a bastard pack in the rear. i've been searching awhile!:compwork: :read:

thats just to get started, over the summer i wanna add a whole lotta skids and recovery points and trim the fenders.

with all that said and done, i should be very capable to go almost anywhere. :viking:

my Jeep -2" zj coils front/ 2"blocks in rear on 30's

my buddy Daves Jeep - 4" front and rear on 33's or 32's (cant remember exactly)

Last edited:
Tried to go check up on our camp in Pulaski. Got our ass kicked, we dug the thing out about three times. The campsite owner eventually pulled me out with his backhoe. My friend took the video of me being pulled that I will have prolly by tomorrow.

Stuck, but we'll dig it out right ?

IMAGE_123.jpg

IMAGE_121.jpg

Just dug itself deeper and deeper. Had I had lockers, I wouldn't have gotten stuck.

IMAGE_129.jpg

IMAGE_128.jpg

dang bro, that must have been some kinda ditch or something that you had no idea was there until...................ploop. there went the front end. into a never ending Black Hole. Thats why i hate snow. Cant see sh**!!!!!!

Back