• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My 44/9" full width cherokee build

Gojeep said:
Not a good idea to use the jelly to press it in as now it will slide within the bush. Might not do it now but will once on the road. Better you have just used soapy water which sets a bit once dried out or nothing at all.

i know it's way overdue, but hairspray actually works even better than soapy water. the alcohol in it acts as a lubricant when wet, but when it dries it acts as a glue. i'm a bicycle mechanic and it's what we use to change grips. ever tried to do that dry? sucks. anyway. jeep looks awesome, and a really good clean build thread too.

hmm..... I know it's "supposed" to work... but when I did that on one of my bikes, it didn't..... I know something was weird... I think my bar may be a little too small a diamater for the grip..... I just used zip tied, and they work... Not great, but they work. I have tried changing grips dry..... and it DOES suck!!!

Used to be a bicycle mechanic too and would use a hypodermic syringe just filled with water. Prick it in a few places to swell the grip up and off they pull. ;)

now THAT'S a good idea!!!

When you get back its cut cut time and then its traction bars and bumpskis ha ha

Gravesdiggerxj said:
Moab was fun.... drove through Arches National Park Sunday.

851879-R1-08-6A.jpg

Hey I recongnize that park.....

arch1.jpg

Moab!!!!
My wife took this pic, I think she wasn't holding the camera straight and exagerated the steepness.... just a bit. :laugh: She walks when it gets even a little steep.
IMG_3466.jpg

Glad to see your rig doing so well. :wave:

the last pic makes it look nearly impassable... my friend did something like that to me too. i had mine nearly on the verge of rolling and he decided to tip the camera so it looked like i was on level ground. ...how am i supposed to show that pic off? :confused1

it was rhetorical :doh:

Just got back from my trip Saturday night! It was awesome! Stopped in Vegas on the way there and back. Did some surfing, ate some lobster, had a little fiesta with a piniata :party:, shot off some fireworks on the beach. Mexico was fun! Came home to snow...

slcpunk74 said:
When you get back its cut cut time and then its traction bars and bumpskis ha ha
Ya buddy, this weekend maybe.
Here is a pic of your "cut and fold" bumper
chadcutQbumper.jpg

xj2win said:
Did you ever condier adapting the suspension off the donor vehicle?
look a few posts up...

mcraindog said:
i need to be your son...let me come live with you
I'm pretty sure you're only like 3 years younger than me. Plus my wife can only handle one manchild :roll:

Swapped in a "new" third Member (add to the tally $78)
Found out my driveline "slip" is frozen which prematurely toasted a driveline u-joint, so I'm getting another one lengthened to fit.

Do a search for cutting quarters. I have a build thread ith some more detailed pics so you can see what is up sooner then this weekend

I think I toasted a pinion bearing and the gears were chattering so I replaced the 3rd member also

Replaced 3rd member $78
2 gallon's of diff lube $10
2 Motor Mounts $40
New Driveshaft is in add $90 to the tally
Total: $1147.23

Tatton's Drivelines (801) 979-4908 talk to Carl; had my driveshaft done in less than 24 hours (retubed and balanced) and replaced the (cracked) cv ball for free. Top notch work.
DSCF0027.jpg

I bent a swaybar end link when I was bajaing out of Arches. it just broke the other day.

Rockkrawler said they would warranty it :thumbup: and send me two new links for $5 shipping, but I had some allthread lying around that happened to be the right size so I used that to make a new link and saved the $5.

IMG00022.jpg

this would be an easy way to make yourself some homebrew quick disconnects, just buy the female ends from Granger or your local farm store.

Back