• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Garage Sale Ford 9", Axle Parts, Suspension Parts

miteclgst

NAXJA Forum User
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]For Sale:

Shortened Ford 9"
60.5" WMS to WMS (Same width as Factory Dana 35c and Chrysler 8.25)
<10,000 Miles since Overhaul
Housing out of a 1987 Ford Bronco
Leaf Spring Perches (Set for XJ with 6.5" of Lift and SYE)
Custom 31 Spline Moser Axle Shafts
"Big Ford" Axle End Bearings
Detroit Hardlocker (The clicking is audible when going around turns)
Richmond Gear 4:11 Ring and Pinion
Completely Rebuilt using Richmond Gear Master Install Kit (Timken Pinion & Carrier Bearings)
Timken Axle Bearings
Drum Brakes Completely Rebuilt (Shoes, Drums, Hardware & Cylinders) - Working E-Brake (e-brake cable housing in picture is included and has been modified so that the stock e-brake lever works with these cables)
Drain Plug added to bottom of housing for easy oil swaps
The yoke is 1310 and I also have the stock 1350
Bolt Pattern is 5x4.5"

This axle was shortened to match the width of the stock axles found under the XJ and other Jeeps. I kept track of the costs associated with building this axle and have over $1,400 invested into it as it stands. The price is $800 firm - you couldn't buy the Axles, Ring Gear, and Locker for this price.

This would be a direct bolt-in swap for a Cherokee with 5.5-6.5" of lift and a SYE.

The only reason I took this out of my rig is I went the D60 and 14b route... this axle never let me down.

IMG_2020Medium.jpg

IMG_2021Medium.jpg

IMG_2022Medium.jpg

Dana 30 Parts $200
4.11 Superior Gear Ring and Pinion Set
Originally Installed with Yukon Master Install Kit (Still have all shims and setup bearings)
Solid Axle Diff Cover
Dana/Spicer Differential (with correct offset for 4.11 gears)

These parts are still in the axle - I can remove them if you like or you can take the whole housing for no additional fee (this would save you the gear installation costs) - The axle comes with the V8 ZJ Steering upgrade.

Rusty's Cross-over Steering Conversion:
Used for less than 1 year - tie rod ends are still tight - only thing different about this part is that the Tie rod (knuckle to knuckle) are both tapped for right-hand-thread, I got this as a clearance deal from Rusty's and never found it to be a problem it creates a little more work during initial set-up but once it is set you never have to worry about it backing out of adjustment - can use a set of tie rod end boots and a coat of paint. $100

Rusty's Heavy Duty Track Bar Frame Mount:
Frame Mount Only - no rubber bushing $35

Rusty's Frame/Track Bar Mount Stiffener - $35

IMG_2023Medium.jpg

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]35 Spline Dana 60 Spartan Locker Brand New (the person I bought it from shipped it via Postal Service and removed from original box) never installed only opened for photos - $325[/FONT]

IMG_2025Medium.jpg

Located near Wilkes-Barre PA.

[/FONT]

I forgot to add that the axle shafts are heat-treated 1542 Alloy Steel and they do not neck down like the stock shafts... The studs are 1/2"

I'm not trying to pimp my stuff, but it really is a nice axle. I wish I could have bought something like this when I did my swap... Would have saved a lot of time and money... Frankly, you don't see many 9" housings under XJ's

Back