• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Moab June 2010

The way I set this up was leaving after work on a Friday and having to only take a M-F off. If we do add a day, it would require everyone to take the following Monday off.

As mentioned, if someone wanted to run 11-15 as is and then stay later when some of us might leave for Colorado on the 16th, that is fine. I think the caravanning to Moab will be a better experience than caravanning back when we are all tired and ready to sleep in our own beds. Just the idea of a whole slew of TN, GA, NC, KY etc licence plates pulling into town in one big convoy appeals to me!

Also, I am trying to think of the married guys where 9 days away would be a drain on a wife looking after toddlers. If I could take 3 weeks to wheel out west, I certainly would. It just isn't feasible for a lot of us.

Finally, the suggested schedule allows for us to be home on the 19th so we have a Sunday to unpack (and download our photos) and prepare for work Monday. Also, the 20th is Father's Day and some of us will want to spend that with our kids.

Eric, thank you for your input. We're 5 pages into this thread already without solid dates, so, if this is going to happen, I just wanted to try to get an rough outline in place. I hope everyone uses the suggestion I posted to help us get things set.

And, I need to apologize now if I seem to be "taking over" planning. By day I am travel coordinator for a national tour company, so when I start making vacation plans, I tend to get a little overboard! Just ask my wife. :dunno:

Here's hoping this whole crazy idea becomes real!!! :sunshine:

all right, so it looks like nobody but me wants to stay any longer, so we'll go with your plan, because i feel like if we don't at least have a solid plan, we're not gonna make it out there. if i feel like stayin after a couple days up there, then i'll stay, and solo it on the way back home. let's keep this thing goin, and make it happen!!

This sounds like an awesome trip.... I'm in. Have to finish building Old Blue, but this only gives me more motivation. About 8 years ago I drove her from B'ham, AL to NH. 25 hours. Did it in a single run. A fews before that drove from B'ham to Colorado Springs. That one required some sleep time. Anyways... I'm willing pull an ironbutt drive....

Any new news on the trip?

as far as i know, i'm still definitely going. the waggy is gettin closer and closer to being done, and i've already cleared the budget with the wife. not sure who all is gonna go, but i know i am, if i hafta go alone.

Funny I just saw where Harlan is being touted as the East Coast Moab. Pitty you guys are going to miss the Crawl this year. :spin1:

shermellow, you should meet us out there!
as for the crawl, that's every year. i'm only gonna have one chance to go out west until i retire in 40 years, so i'm jumping on my opportunity...

shermellow, you should meet us out there!
as for the crawl, that's every year. i'm only gonna have one chance to go out west until i retire in 40 years, so i'm jumping on my opportunity...

While I agree taht the chances are limited to pull off such a trip, I would wait for one of the big NAXJA gigs to go. The 20th and 25th celabrations were a hoot I hear. The 30th is just around the corner.

i know, i kinda had to plan it around when i would be out of school, though. i kinda have a one month window and it's kinda like hailey's comet. if i don't see it this time, i might not live long enough to see it next time.

alright, fellas, i haven't heard a whole lot about this trip, aside from that one of the main guys i wanted to go with might not get to go because he got his first 'real job', and probably can't miss work this early in the game.:( i still REALLY wanna go, and i've decided i WILL go, whether i'm solo or not. if i'm solo, i'll go earlier, and stay later, but i think i'd have a ton more fun if i wasn't alone for the 24 hour drive there, and the 24 hour back. i have a cousin that might ride out with me, or possibly meet me out there and ride back with me. and i have a friend that might ride with, but it's doubtful. so that leaves you guys. take some time off for a rare experience!

Back