• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

LAZY B.O.D.

Gerr said:
I am planning on being there next year, I really hope my first moab trip is gona be worth it
Moab is worth it whether it's big or small, whether it's well organized or not. Remember: Moab is a place to wheel and have fun and party at the campground :D As long as you got couple of people to hang out with that know the area, you're golden :cheers:

Goatman said:
This whole discussion is about non-anniversary events, It's a given on the 5 year anniversary events where we really are drawing from all over the country that the dinner will be on Fri.:)

Ah, I missed the point of the discussion somewhere.....consider my comments directed at the other events. on that side note; Some peoples kids! Taking the Friday before the weekend before the event? and complain about not having travel time if there was a Saturday dinner? .:rolleyes:

Goatman said:
next year we're going to have a great time at a great event. :)
Gerr said:
I am planning on being there next year, I really hope my first moab trip is gona be worth it
4xSanta said:
It will be worth it,I will make sure it happens you will enjoy........SANTA
Kejtar said:
Moab is worth it whether it's big or small, whether it's well organized or not. Remember: Moab is a place to wheel and have fun and party at the campground As long as you got couple of people to hang out with that know the area, you're golden

I can personally vouch for every Fall Fling since 2002!
Thanks to everybody from GRNT Leading the big friday tiptoe group on Hells Revenge in 2002 to Tcharon leading the small Saturday group on Hells Revenge for his first time less than two weeks ago, You both did excellent jobs, I've lead it myself a time or two in the mean time yet I still learn from other leadership! Also thanks to EVERYBODY in between. Including each one of our local chapter spring runs there in,04,05,06, and 07! All worth it!
A buisness aquaintance in Russia just told me in an email yesterday that his friend in Moscow dreams of being able to wheel in Moab some day!

Last edited:
xjblue said:
A buisness aquaintance in Russia...

What, they are opening up business in the America and need person to deposite large check? You keep 20% for trouble and forward remainder to Russia?

xjblue said:
Ah, I missed the point of the discussion somewhere.....consider my comments directed at the other events. on that side note; Some peoples kids! Taking the Friday before the weekend before the event? and complain about not having travel time if there was a Saturday dinner? .:rolleyes:

I can personally vouch for every Fall Fling since 2002!
Thanks to everybody from GRNT Leading the big friday tiptoe group on Hells Revenge in 2002 to Tcharon leading the small Saturday group on Hells Revenge for his first time less than two weeks ago, You both did excellent jobs, I've lead it myself a time or two in the mean time yet I still learn from other leadership! Also thanks to EVERYBODY in between. Including each one of our local chapter spring runs there in,04,05,06, and 07! All worth it!
A buisness aquaintance in Russia just told me in an email yesterday that his friend in Moscow dreams of being able to wheel in Moab some day!
Thanks for those comments, I will only get better at leading it for next time if I'm needed. I will never miss FF again. Thom

tcharon said:
Thanks for those comments, I will only get better at leading it for next time if I'm needed. I will never miss FF again. Thom

Unless your 1/2 day of work every other week gets in the way. :D:laugh:

WayneXJ said:
Unless your 1/2 day of work every other week gets in the way. :D:laugh:
I'll ask for some time off so I can upgrade my rig before then. Thanks for the super birthday in Pritchet!
Thom

4xSanta said:
I think that naxja should have some of you older gentelmen carry a walker instead of a spare tire and maybe a oxygen tank instead of OBA so you can continue to run FF..........SANTA
We'll see who's still going in 10 when I have my 70th at FF.

Hey, Dad will be with me in '08, as usual, and he'll be 80. :)

Goatman said:
but I don't know how to replace the CO/CA challenge. :)

<rising from the dead>
If you plan another CO/CA challenge, I may just have to come visit the Fall Fling again.
<retreats into oblivion again>

Grant said:
<rising from the dead>
If you plan another CO/CA challenge, I may just have to come visit the Fall Fling again.

Hi Grant! :wave1:

Grant said:
<rising from the dead>

I was hoping you'd pop your head in here and say hi!

There will be plenty of empty seats, Grant, so please plan on joining us. Plus, early in the week we're going to have some special festivities for participants in another special event. :)

Goatman said:
I was hoping you'd pop your head in here and say hi!

There will be plenty of empty seats, Grant, so please plan on joining us. Plus, early in the week we're going to have some special festivities for participants in another special event. :)

It has been a looooooong time since I had time to look at NAXJA.

I will have a better idea of the 2008 schedule come early December.

Brief synopsis of life in the last couple years
- bought a couple of Mini Cooper S's
- raced and autocrossed them with the SCCA
- won the 06 GS National championship with a friend driving (I suck as a driver, but can set up a car I guess)
- Sold that Mini (first time I have sold a car for more than I paid for it, woohoo)
- Chief Steward of the Colorado Time Trials and Performance Driving Experience programs for the SCCA.
- teaching Data Analysis and Aquisition for the Evolution driving school and for colorado SCCA
- sold my cherokee (sad day to see her go, but some parts live on)
- selling the road race Mini (want to buy a C or D Sports Racer)
- navigated in a Rally car to the CO hillclimb G2 championship, also some national rallies
- ice racing the Subaru STi.

Potential 2008 plans
- part owner of an ARCA roundy round team, waiting on driver to confirm sponsor money
- if that fails, and I can find some $$$, I intend building a wrecked STi I have for the Pikes Peak hillclimb and the CO hill climb series.

but I should be able to find a few days to come visit you guys in Moab in Oct. Let me know if I can assist in any way.

regards to my XJ buddies

Grant

You've sold the Durabak XJ? 'tis a sad day, indeed.

ChiXJeff said:
You've sold the Durabak XJ? 'tis a sad day, indeed.

yup, the XJ sat at the back of the shop for almost 18 months without seeing a trail. Last trail was Chinaman's Gulch in May 2005. I needed cash for race tires last year, and decided she had to go.

I put nearly 200K miles on her, went from stock to 37's, used her as a pickup truck when I built the house in 95/96, and had so much fun over the years on the trails and with the NAXJA crowd.

Almost shed a tear when she left on the back of a trailer. Sad day indeed

I see I need to change my sig, to reflect my lack of an XJ.

Grant

Grant said:
<rising from the dead>

Grant, good to hear from you. Bring the Mini and we can burn up the river road after dark................

Grant said:
It has been a looooooong time since I had time to look at NAXJA.

I will have a better idea of the 2008 schedule come early December.

Brief synopsis of life in the last couple years
- bought a couple of Mini Cooper S's
- raced and autocrossed them with the SCCA
- won the 06 GS National championship with a friend driving (I suck as a driver, but can set up a car I guess)
- Sold that Mini (first time I have sold a car for more than I paid for it, woohoo)
- Chief Steward of the Colorado Time Trials and Performance Driving Experience programs for the SCCA.
- teaching Data Analysis and Aquisition for the Evolution driving school and for colorado SCCA
- sold my cherokee (sad day to see her go, but some parts live on)
- selling the road race Mini (want to buy a C or D Sports Racer)
- navigated in a Rally car to the CO hillclimb G2 championship, also some national rallies
- ice racing the Subaru STi.

Potential 2008 plans
- part owner of an ARCA roundy round team, waiting on driver to confirm sponsor money
- if that fails, and I can find some $$$, I intend building a wrecked STi I have for the Pikes Peak hillclimb and the CO hill climb series.

but I should be able to find a few days to come visit you guys in Moab in Oct. Let me know if I can assist in any way.

regards to my XJ buddies

Grant

Damn Grant, you need a couple hobbies :D

Holler if that ARCA gig gets you into the SE area...

Grant said:

regards to my XJ buddies

Grant

Well, how about cooking brats at the show and shine? :D

We have to get you roped into something to be sure you'll show up! :)

Back