• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Keeping A Low Center of Gravity.

That's probably how much he put into it, along with original purchase price.

I can't stand the "lift it till it looks like it's on stilts to avoid cutting the fenders at all" style, well-cut fenders with either OEM flares or OEM lookalikes installed that make the wheel wells fit the new tire size and lift amount look good to me. I'm running flareless right now because I haven't gotten around to putting them back on, but "one of these days" I'll be putting the flares back on.

That's probably how much he put into it, along with original purchase price.

I can't stand the "lift it till it looks like it's on stilts to avoid cutting the fenders at all" style, well-cut fenders with either OEM flares or OEM lookalikes installed that make the wheel wells fit the new tire size and lift amount look good to me. I'm running flareless right now because I haven't gotten around to putting them back on, but "one of these days" I'll be putting the flares back on.
I relocated my stock rears and cut them in half like BWs to open with the door. I ditched the fronts because I bent and had my brother weld a piece of pipe to cover the fender edge and stiffen it back up.

IMG_2257.jpg

IMG_2255.jpg

I spotted sam in RCROCS for a season and that jeep did very very well. The only thing we had a problem with was turning radius. A full bodied XJ was not built to make some of those turns. We had a couple times where sam suprised the audience quite a bit because we were so off camber and there was only one time where he almost rolled. He lost an airbag to prove it :laugh: However, we used the low COG (and Sam's "I drove it here but i dont care if i roll it" mentality) to our advantage to take some lines that others didnt.

there was some sketch involved. i surprised myself in those comps. didnt know what the rig was capable of until i was forced to do it lol

4144_505044906064_226300669_111180_5644115_n.jpg

4144_505044926024_226300669_111184_6230871_n.jpg

5736_687273077194_11322778_40712451_4922808_n.jpg

there was some sketch involved. i surprised myself in those comps. didnt know what the rig was capable of until i was forced to do it lol

4144_505044906064_226300669_111180_5644115_n.jpg

4144_505044926024_226300669_111184_6230871_n.jpg

5736_687273077194_11322778_40712451_4922808_n.jpg

I remember that spot in the first spot very vividly. I remember thinking that if we went forward there you woulda been on your lid. That was the one course that really binded us up due to turning radius. and the last pic was just an incredible save. In case you guys want to see how close that was, here you go!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRLMxXxKd7o

and a couple more pics....
IMG_1927.jpg

IMG_1932.jpg

This picture doesnt do justice as to how steep that section is. there is a cone at the bottom that you have to go around. so you are force to go high.
4332_538583218210_45905691_31842738_2316031_n.jpg

THis made us both poo our pants a little
4959_98012636407_92812931407_2405142_4382807_n.jpg

This was a result of lack of turning radius
4144_505044921034_226300669_111183_6444551_n.jpg

This was a bonus line if i remember and i believe blew a trans line on the way to the finish line
5736_687273117114_11322778_40712458_4029037_n.jpg

How bad did the airbag burn your arms?

ive had it blow twice.

both times my initial reaction was "wtf was that?" thought something went horribly wrong under the rig. the airbag only got my thumbs.

i probably wouldnt have hit the concrete in that vid so bad if i wasnt having a hesitation issue that day (turned out to be a weak fuel pump) so i layed into the throttle and hoped it would react in time.

Id like to go with something like the following picture i don't want a sye im not to concerned with trimming i will need to figure out some sort of flare, do you think this would have any issues off-road? 2.5 in lift 33"s i don't know whos rig.

bfg%20km2s%20side.jpg

That's my rig.
I'm not sure what kind of issues you are concerned with.
The rig is very suprising off road.
Nearly every time I run with strangers I'm told "I don't think your rig will be able to make this run."... or, mid way through a trail I will get asked by strangers "how did you get here?"
I rarely hit the front bumper on ledges/rocks but when I do it's typically easy enough to simply slide it up far enough to get the tires hooked up, or approach at an angle (low cog allows the angle method without much pucker).
Having a nearly flat belly has been the best modification... and don't cheap out on rock rails... I use those frequently.
Only thing I would change is the addition of lockers... the TrueTracs are awesome, but every once in a while a locker (or 2) would be nice.

Thats the only pic i have seen of your rig, ya got any wheeling pics?

like the set up :D

That's my rig.
I'm not sure what kind of issues you are concerned with.
The rig is very suprising off road.
Nearly every time I run with strangers I'm told "I don't think your rig will be able to make this run."... or, mid way through a trail I will get asked by strangers "how did you get here?"
I rarely hit the front bumper on ledges/rocks but when I do it's typically easy enough to simply slide it up far enough to get the tires hooked up, or approach at an angle (low cog allows the angle method without much pucker).
Having a nearly flat belly has been the best modification... and don't cheap out on rock rails... I use those frequently.
Only thing I would change is the addition of lockers... the TrueTracs are awesome, but every once in a while a locker (or 2) would be nice.

Its nice knowing how to drive your rig huh? :D

Thats the only pic i have seen of your rig, ya got any wheeling pics?
like the set up :D
I'm the only Blue Cherokee in these vid's...
http://www.youtube.com/user/cw50must#p/u/15/C1FesPFz9Uw
http://www.youtube.com/user/cw50must#p/u/3/RgdY4xe9Cbs
http://www.youtube.com/user/cw50must#p/u/2/qyGwk9revMs
I have a tonne of photos, but there are on a different site, cherokeeforum... I have thge same user name over there, and in my profile deal go to albums ... any of 'em you want to see full size we'd have to hook up on e-mail somehow.

Its nice knowing how to drive your rig huh? :D
I'd like to think at least some of it has to do with the driver... I know running the brake, gas and clutch keep me pretty busy try'n to keep the true-trac's working. :).

I have a tonne of photos, but there are on a different site, cherokeeforum... I have thge same user name over there, and in my profile deal go to albums ... any of 'em you want to see full size we'd have to hook up on e-mail somehow.

LOL i have been on CF for almost 3 yrs, must have just not remembered your pic's
looking good man :cool:

I've got 33s and stock gears. It's not great, but it's doable. Drive it everyday, don't take it out out of 3rd. I keep it out of drive. It made it up at Big Bear running John Bull, so it's doable, but 4.88s are going in as soon as I can afford the install. I have a D44 already built and ready, But need to gear the D30.

What your milage like?

Back