• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Keeping A Low Center of Gravity.

im running 33's with a two inch lift and i love it. i just cut and folded the rear fenders. cut thhe front an inch up.bumpstop correctly and you'll love it

im running 33's with a two inch lift and i love it. i just cut and folded the rear fenders. cut thhe front an inch up.bumpstop correctly and you'll love it

pics or it didn't happen :D

pics or it didn't happen :D
I was running 33s on 3.5" and it wasn't even hard... no bumpstops, hammered the pinch seam in the front and cut the fenders, cut and folded the rear, even with no bumpstops (even factory ones) I did just fine. I'm at 3.5"/5" now due to 1.5" shackles I added so the leaves would actually flex a bit but still no bumpstops, I know I've heard the axle tube hit the frame rails a few times and all the tires did was polish the fenders a little.

It's only sheetmetal... cut/massage it till the tires fit, bumpstop it, and hit the trail.

sadly... im no longer running a low COG anymore... im not running anything at all actually. my ex took the jeep when she left... i guess now its time to build it right this time!

yeah, i loved my jeep... but the bad comes with good as well, my jeep was from a rusty state and it was a nightmare to work on cuz every bolt i tried to remove just broke, and now she is seeing how much trouble it is.

its a 2000 so it wasnt a good starting point as far as building went. i'll take what i've learned and use it to buy a better jeep next time around.

yeah, i loved my jeep... but the bad comes with good as well, my jeep was from a rusty state and it was a nightmare to work on cuz every bolt i tried to remove just broke, and now she is seeing how much trouble it is.

its a 2000 so it wasnt a good starting point as far as building went. i'll take what i've learned and use it to buy a better jeep next time around.

Still doesn't explain how she took it. Did you put it in her name or what?

how, when we split up, she had no vehicle, after weeks of telling her how much better off she would be buying a different vehicle because of all the issues it had and at least trying to get her to make a smarter decision, she had to have the jeep cause it was awesome to her. so i said screw it and sold it to her for the payoff amount, i sold it with a 4" lift new tires/wheels roof rack and system for 4600.

how, when we split up, she had no vehicle, after weeks of telling her how much better off she would be buying a different vehicle because of all the issues it had and at least trying to get her to make a smarter decision, she had to have the jeep cause it was awesome to her. so i said screw it and sold it to her for the payoff amount, i sold it with a 4" lift new tires/wheels roof rack and system for 4600.
:doh:

Fail

after having 3 xjs, with lifts of 6", 10"+fullwidths, 7.5" lift... i try'd out the lcog thing and im pretty happy about it. 01 with 3.5 and new 31/10.5, no front sway bar and left my rear sway on. heres my junk \/

img219.jpg

img218.jpg

Last edited:
I was running 33s on 3.5" and it wasn't even hard... no bumpstops, hammered the pinch seam in the front and cut the fenders, cut and folded the rear, even with no bumpstops (even factory ones) I did just fine. I'm at 3.5"/5" now due to 1.5" shackles I added so the leaves would actually flex a bit but still no bumpstops, I know I've heard the axle tube hit the frame rails a few times and all the tires did was polish the fenders a little.

It's only sheetmetal... cut/massage it till the tires fit, bumpstop it, and hit the trail.

i just want to see the pics :D

mine is all trimmed and massaged up waiting for 33's

as soon as the wife gives me the OK :gee:

Can't post pics of the other guy's rigs for the obvious reasons, but here's one of my POS (it's the one at the extreme right side of the pic):
DSCN1152.JPG

It's about the best pic I have till I get back to the east coast and do a bit more wheeling. First few trips this year, no one really took pics of it/me because it was too busy breaking and everyone was too busy wheeling.

Can't post pics of the other guy's rigs for the obvious reasons, but here's one of my POS (it's the one at the extreme right side of the pic):
DSCN1152.JPG

It's about the best pic I have till I get back to the east coast and do a bit more wheeling. First few trips this year, no one really took pics of it/me because it was too busy breaking and everyone was too busy wheeling.

Are you saying the Red rig? Or the white one in the back?

The white one in the back, at the extreme right side of the pic.

It's a rusty pos that I expect to break in half at some point, but the same suspension setup is going on my 98 when that happens - minus the control arms, I'm putting good ones on instead of the stockers I run now.

sadly... im no longer running a low COG anymore... im not running anything at all actually. my ex took the jeep when she left... i guess now its time to build it right this time!

so she didnt take it you sold it :dunno: seems like a bad move on your part

DSCN1152.JPG

that red one is dougs jeep :laugh2:

Back