• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jenny Creek Aug 15th

As i am old and easily lost and confusedi have tried to google map ward road park and ride and now google map is also lost can we change the meeting place to somewhere with a street address and town or give more info on where the park and ride is ???
i kinda think a neat place to meet is somewhere near a toilet and gas station so everyone can leave empty and full .

:chef:I could bring my Cheesecake brownies , I know there not like Ranger Rick but I do recall alot of people liking mine also. If my brownies meet your standards then I could make them.

No offense was intended to be given there Pinkerbell, your treats were really good.

I was just poking to see if RangerRick was around and watching as his brownies are always a treat!!! :D

Bring'em Pinker!!!! ;)

I am almost down..............I had my boy give mommy a note asking if we could go.......................;)

Moon Gulch is a very scenic picnic area.............not much challenge of any kind mostly to show of the scenery, but after Jenny Creek if it is still early we can go Moon Gulch and go check out the shaft house etc. In fact if Jenny creek goes by fast we could go to there to have lunch as there is an open area and a picnic table. There is also Magnolia Rd which has some old mines and a hike to the old Champion Mill. There are many options depending on how fast the run through Jenny is...............

Not yours I hope.:laugh:

haha no its not mine. Its my brothers bestfriends wedding. Im still TOO young to even thing about that stuff lol

As i am old and easily lost and confusedi have tried to google map ward road park and ride and now google map is also lost can we change the meeting place to somewhere with a street address and town or give more info on where the park and ride is ???
i kinda think a neat place to meet is somewhere near a toilet and gas station so everyone can leave empty and full .

Its right off 70. Once you past all the delarships on the right, Hummer, Jeeps etc. Its a few exits after that. You cant miss it. And it will be really easy place to get back onto the freeway from there with all the jeeps well have with us.
4655 Ward Rd., Wheat Ridge

Good thinkin' Jim! There is a truck stop near the park-n-ride with a huge paking lot. They probably won't get butt-hurt to see a group of people waiting there.

The only problem with meeting there is trying to get back to 70 from there. Ive met there a few times for trips and we lost several jeeps at the lights and stuck behind 18 wheelers. From the park in ride its a straight shot.

Hey, I was told last night that we're having a family birthday thing on the 15th cause apparently lot of us have birthdays in august, so I don't think I'll be able to make it.

jeepfreak1020 said:
The only problem with meeting there is trying to get back to 70 from there. Ive met there a few times for trips and we lost several jeeps at the lights and stuck behind 18 wheelers. From the park in ride its a straight shot.
Ahhh, I don't take I-70 to go up the hill. For me it would be taking the long way around, but, whatever.

so that still leaves me kinda lost which way do i head on the I70 from the 470 and where is the park and ride ??? Buy the way park and rides are called pick a parts in so cal

Jim, look at Post #63 by Hypoid, the first line he has put the address for the Park & Ride (this is also a link to Google maps), click on the address. Google Maps will open, on that page you will see the map, and you will see a "Cartoon Bubble" it will have the address, a picture, and a few links in Blue. Click on the picture and it will give you the street view of the intersection, you can pan around to see 360*, so you know what the area looks like and where the turn lanes are, ect.

From Highlands Ranch take 470 west to I-70 East, exit the Ward Rd. exit on the right (the next exit after Youngfield), you will come out on 44th ave. Turn right (west) go by the Truck Stop (approximatly 1/2 block), and turn Right (north) on to Ward Rd. Turn at your first left into the Park and Ride on your left.

Ahhh, I don't take I-70 to go up the hill. For me it would be taking the long way around, but, whatever.

Well Im not planning on taking 70 all the way. The way I usely go is jump back onto 70 then get off and take 50. Then get off and take 93 up to 73. Take 73 west then hit 119 and drop down into Rollinsville. Thats how ive always gotten there. I may let someone else lead if they have a quicker way of getting then. Im open to oppinions

Well Im not planning on taking 70 all the way. The way I usely go is jump back onto 70 then get off and take Highway 58. Then get off and take 93 up to Highway 72. Take 72 west then hit 119 and drop down into Rollinsville. Thats how ive always gotten there. I may let someone else lead if they have a quicker way of getting then. Im open to oppinions
OK, that makes sense. Highway 72 is one of my favorite routes to Rollinsville, and then home. I agree that the I-70/Ward Rd. interchange sucks.

I've done the dog leg up Ward Rd to 64th, then Indianna St. to Highway 72, but I'm thinking the traffic lights on that route make it easier to lose people.

As an alternate to I-70, you could go West on 44th Ave and still get on Highway 58 at McIntyre St. or Easley Road. Watch your speed on Highway 58, much of it is a Cone Zone. :eyes:

OK, that makes sense. Highway 72 is one of my favorite routes to Rollinsville, and then home. I agree that the I-70/Ward Rd. interchange sucks.

I've done the dog leg up Ward Rd to 64th, then Indianna St. to Highway 72, but I'm thinking the traffic lights on that route make it easier to lose people.

As an alternate to I-70, you could go West on 44th Ave and still get on Highway 58 at McIntyre St. or Easley Road. Watch your speed on Highway 58, much of it is a Cone Zone. :eyes:

Ya i dont want to loose anyone, since were going to have a big group thats more than likey to happen if we take streets instead of the highway. O ya these cops alwasy sit on 58 b/c of the cone zone. We can discuss which way were going to go and see what everyone wants to do.

Moving the list along:

1. Trail Leader JeepFreak (2)
2. Team Hugo (2)
3. Team Pinkerbell (2)
4. Team XJBOY (2)
5. Team Bumblebee (grandpas cj's name) formerly known as team granddad
6. Team jimgrms (2-4)
7. Team XJTodd (2)
8. Team Rover (2)??
9. Team Blue96XJ (2.25)

Not a problem Man.

Umm...I'm not following. Where are we meeting? I'm coming from Boulder, so meeting anywhere south of Rollinsville wouldn't make a whole lot of sense for me.

If you're going to take 72, maybe I can meet you all either at 93/72 or at Rollinsville even? Anyone in my same boat?

Umm...I'm not following. Where are we meeting? I'm coming from Boulder, so meeting anywhere south of Rollinsville wouldn't make a whole lot of sense for me.

If you're going to take 72, maybe I can meet you all either at 93/72 or at Rollinsville even? Anyone in my same boat?

Were meeting right off 70 at Ward road Park in ride. Ya it wouldent make sence for you to drive all the way down here then fall us up there. You could meet us at Rollinsville, right where the road starts up to Rollins pass if you want.

Back