• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Iron Rock Long Arm Upgrade

Received! Im gonna try to install tonight. I'll take pics in a few

first impressions of the quality - impressive :)
I didn't get to put it on today, due to rain, so it'll be this weekend...

...or if I take tomorrow off :)

Cool Let us know how the instal goes, I almost orderes up this kit and at the last min. a vendor said he would sell me the Rock Krawler long arm upgrade for 650. and 30 bucks to ship it. It sucks that rock krawler prices went up so much. everywhere else was at least 749. plus shipping!

I plan to install tomorrow, along with their double-shear trackbar, and 8" coils.

How's that track bar? I am thinking of ordering one when i sell some stuff to pay for it. Anyone need some door speakers! :D

it actually looks very nice. I'll get better detailed pics of it all, in the morning.

Trac bar is pure beef, and they work well!

and 90 dollars cheaper than RE or JKS too. I noticed that the JKS isn't solid and i'm pretty sure the RE isn't either. The IRO unit is 1.25" solid stock!

Our Off-Road.com Project Jeep XJ recently received the complete 6.5 Critical Path long arm kit. We have been doing some testing for our upcoming review article. The suspension itself is one of the most impressive we've seen to date. Very stout and well engineered. Here is a sneak peek picture. You'll have to steer over to off-road.com to see the full review later this month.

Hey, thats the first picture of one of these installed. Cool, thanks for posting! I'm, really excited now.

FEDEX guy showed up bright and early. I have to say that I too am impressed with the quality and overall "beefyness" of this kit. Everything is just massive and seems to be well thought out and built. Any questions I had about only one upper mount are gone in my mind after looking at this in person. I didn't relise it when I ordered their track bar but this thing is solid, not made out of tubing!! I will be installing it tomorrow with some more pics.

LA001.jpg

LA002.jpg

LA003.jpg

Last edited:
installed mine today. took about 4 hours, taking my time, by myself.. I'll post pics later tonight.

I've got a question? Reading through the instructions they call to drill out the forward holes to a "T" drill or .359 and then tap it to a 7/16-14NC. I went out and bought a tap and drill combo and the 7/16-14NC came with a 3/8 drill to use. What did you use? I checked and the bolts match the tap.

So....the adjusting bracket...
What keeps it from adjusting whilst you are driving? Once you get it set right, do you just tighten the hell out of those bolts? I don't see kind of notches; it just looks like a smooth slide. I just don't know if I could trust that to stay in one position.

I think looking at it, with the way it is designed most of the fore aft stress is normal to the axis of rotation on the adjuster. I guess I will have to see how it works out. I figure if it becomes an isssue I can always set the caster and then tack weld the 2 together enough so that I am certain it won't go anywhere.

yeah, even with the bolts just slightly snug, it's a PITA to get it to move, with a prybar, when I was trying to adjust it :)

Back