• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2000 xj Where to start

Lots of great info here.

Id contact accutuneoffroad.com for shocks valved for your application along with whatever long arm front you decide to run.

Good shocks will transform your rig getting closer to sxs comfort goal.
Bilstien 5100s and the like are just cookie cutter over the counter shocks.

Lots of great info here.

Id contact accutuneoffroad.com for shocks valved for your application along with whatever long arm front you decide to run.

Good shocks will transform your rig getting closer to sxs comfort goal.
Bilstien 5100s and the like are just cookie cutter over the counter shocks.
That’s good to know. I didn’t know they needed to be tuned. Thank you! Added to the list!!

The Jeep factory gas tank skid is adequate. I have a Rusty's transfer case skid.

I built and installed my own rock rails one Saturday morning.

Took a few friends for a rip in my jeep yesterday. Did some slow vertical climbs getting the holy shit i cant believe your jeep crawled that comments.

Twinkle in my eye. You guys wanna go fast. Yeah, well maybe buckle up. Fast rolling badger mounds at fifty king coil overs lovin it screaming for more faster.

Your jeeps so awesome our tacoma cant do this lol.

My xj was my first time doing valved shocks. They are set up from accutune for my jeeps weight, tire, size, driving style and my actual suspension geometry.

Over the counter shocks are fine but. They arent intended to work for every jeep they arent intended for a go fast jeep or a go slow jeep. Kinda like one size fits all underware.

Setting up 2.0 or 2.5 resivor shocks will take more money more time and more work but will be a game changer and can run with the faster side by sides comfortably. Many will argue this is impossible.
One friend even sold his utv after ridding in my jeep at speed.

Im currently testing 2.5 resivor foa shocks on my f150. Its now a 80 mph rig in the wasboard and is 100 times more stable with dirt bikes in the bed on the pavement
Its an adrenalin rush launching off cattle gaurds at freeway speeds.

The foa stuff runs about half of the cost of fox and king and also have a large selection of pin tops for stockish jeep mounting.

So far my foa shocks have no leaks and valving foa did for me is great

Stinky fab 3 link would be a great starting point to build a go fast build around. Id probly go 3" lift. Fabbed my 3 think after lots of time talking to sfr
Call sfr and tell them your goals they are great to talk to.

Back