• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Iron Rock Long Arm Upgrade

Here's the pics from my install.
LA004.jpg

LA005.jpg

LA006.jpg

LA007.jpg

LA008.jpg

LA009.jpg

Hope those pics of the camber adjuster help. What they use is a pair of arcs with an rotation point not common to the center of either arc. As you sweep it allows for only one point that the bolt can pass. Nifty bit of geometry. seems to work.

Here's the pics from my install. Those doetsch 8000's up front. if so you will really like them.
LA004.jpg

LA005.jpg

LA006.jpg

LA007.jpg

LA008.jpg

LA009.jpg

Hope those pics of the camber adjuster help. What they use is a pair of arcs with an rotation point not common to the center of either arc. As you sweep it allows for only one point that the bolt can pass. Nifty bit of geometry. seems to work.

Yeah, I went with a pair of the D8000's. Couldn't find a lot of info on them but IRO recamended them for having the longest travel so I figured I'd give them a chance.

Do you not cut off the lower control arm mounts with these installed? Seems like the long arms would hit...

~Scott

Thats the cool part about their kit, the links mount just inboard of the frame rail and have a bend that makes them miss the lower bracket.

Yeah, I went with a pair of the D8000's. Couldn't find a lot of info on them but IRO recamended them for having the longest travel so I figured I'd give them a chance.
they are a great shock with a firm but not harsh ride and really shine on the fast stuff.i put them on mine and i really like them.

I tell you, i tested mine once I set the caster.. I used a big as piece of pipe, and tried to move it.. It didn't budge. I think it'll hold just fine. went out and lobstered on a few rocks at The Cove, and it seemed to work very well..

I guess it seems most opinions here are that unless you pay $1000+ for aa LA front setup, it's junk.. jeez..

I tell you, i tested mine once I set the caster.. I used a big as piece of pipe, and tried to move it.. It didn't budge. I think it'll hold just fine. went out and lobstered on a few rocks at The Cove, and it seemed to work very well..

I guess it seems most opinions here are that unless you pay $1000+ for aa LA front setup, it's junk.. jeez..

This is so true..:gag:..

Time will tell, when I first looked into this lift I had trouble finding anything deffinitve about it much less anyone who has run one. Now there are at least 2-3 of us on here running it 90 some odd replies on this thread and we will just have to be the guinea pigs. From what I have seen installing it I think we got one heck of a deal on this set up. Just drove my rig down the freeway about 10 miles or so on a "hi" speed shake down and the combo of the long arm and the new shocks that thing rides like a friggin cadilac compared to the old short arm set up. I need to get it in and get an alignment, I think I have the caster set a little low and I am going to ramp it some time this week.

I bought the iron rock 6 1/2 long arm a little over a year ago and installed it on my 98 cherokee. It,s the older version without the crossmember. I also took the doestch tech shocks. The only worry I had was bolting the long arm bracket to the unibody so I added a frame stiffener before bolting up the long arm. It took me awhile to get set up the way I wanted with gears, locker ,winch bumper etc but I have wheeled it quite a bit and though compared to some here what we do isn,t total hardcore the cherokee with the iron rock kit works excellent. It now makes obstacles that were tough in my old CJ7 easy. Plus I gotta say that even though the 7 had a 304 in it the cherokee is a sweet ride. Goes down the highway at 60 mph, rides great and does great n the trail. A bunch of us are going out on our May long weekend and I,ll post up some pics after next week

ONLY the gods of lifts know you are wrong..RIGHT starboard m...LMfao.. sorry just having fun with you..I have no reason but to have fun..But the way, i'll buy the Iron rock kit real soon..Then we will find out how GREAT this kit is..It is going to smoke that crap you call great..whats that name again? OH yea RE
Sweet, I will know be called one of the great gods of suspension.:clap:

I dont have the RE long arm on my Jeep, because its a rather sketchy design. I have the T&T kit which I personally think is a better kit. Yes, it is more expensive, but you do get what you pay for.

I still am not sure how you are adding up the bolts that this kit has, but I will take it you know more about it then me.

side note: Notice how I combined several different thoughts into the same post, rather then post 5 times within minutes of each other. :lecture:

Any word on how it handles higher speeds? I mean like, fast lane changes at 80 MPH...
I've heard long arms are "spooky" at those speeds, but this from a company making and selling DBs - any truth to that? I do a lot of (fast) highway driving, its my DD.

Drove on the free way last night. I havn't had it aligned so everthing is set at a guess. It didn't seem "spooky" just not as straight line stable. i think I need more caster.

Back