• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Iron Rock Long Arm Upgrade

i helped install one of these and it looked legit. I have a TNT and i don't think the IR is as beefy, flexible, or high clearance as my TNT but the IR does very well and his XJ follows mine just about any where. I would give it a A+ for the price. way better then drop brackets!

Drop brackets aren't bad. I went from RE's drop brackets, to a Clayton long arm kit, now I'm back to the drop brackets. I prefer the brackets. No unloading on hill climbs, and even though they hang a little lower, they are tucked right behind the tires and I've never had a problem with banging them on anything.

I want to see detailed picture of both the adjuster cam thing, as well as the frame side mounts.

From the pictures I have seen.... I wounldnt run it.

Drop brackets aren't bad. I went from RE's drop brackets, to a Clayton long arm kit, now I'm back to the drop brackets. I prefer the brackets. No unloading on hill climbs, and even though they hang a little lower, they are tucked right behind the tires and I've never had a problem with banging them on anything.

i have had them too and stand by my word. i have been hung on on the brackets where I walk through the same spot now with my LA. im sure they work great for you and alot of other people, but they do not compare to LA IMO

I want to see detailed picture of both the adjuster cam thing, as well as the frame side mounts.

From the pictures I have seen.... I wounldnt run it.

ditto. I'f I'm relying on 2 points of contact to the frame, and a single fixed arm to manage "wrap", I'd like to see it a little closer/more detailed.

I'm about to purchase a LA kit (within the week, most likely), and have been studying them pretty heavily..

I'll be replacing my shortarm and dropkit setup.

Last edited:
I just bought a set of the RK X Factor Plus Long Arms used. The heim joints need to be replaced so I'm getting replacements from RK, but I'll be installing it in the next week or two. I'll try and get some pics and post up after it's installed.

Just ordered their LA set up this morning. 1 to 2 weeks out but I will get some pics when they arive.

i ordered mine last week. it's supposed to ship today, but i haven't checked on it.

Same story, called yesterday and the parts were supposed to be back from powder coating this morning and shipped today or monday. Pics as soon as it comes!

still no ship; hopefully today.

I just checked. Mine's been shipped!

Estimated delivery

May 7, 2009

Heck. how did you get so lucky. I just called and was told it didn't go out yesterday but would today. Looks like it might not make it here by the weekend. Arggg.

I just bought a set of the RK X Factor Plus Long Arms used. The heim joints need to be replaced so I'm getting replacements from RK, but I'll be installing it in the next week or two. I'll try and get some pics and post up after it's installed.

i run the rock krawler 3 link...amazing flex. did you go for the 4 or 3 link? the 3 link has no bind in it. bind shows up when you constrain something on 4 planes.

also, for those nervous of having only 1 upper link...remember, your track bar adds another connection point on the passenger side of the axle.

also, for those nervous of having only 1 upper link...remember, your track bar adds another connection point on the passenger side of the axle.

But it's not longitudinal, so it doesn't support any torque-related stress that the front axle sees.

"Out for Delivery"

yessir :)

Back