• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Homebrew parts

kidcuisine

NAXJA Forum User
So the girlfriends dad has a shop and every tool under the sun. he offered to help me fab some rock rails and long arms. im trying to keep the rock rails as simple and low profile as possible, but i still want em to be tough. i know yall have done this before... how about some #'s (dimensions).
as for the long arms i would like to go with somehting like Claytonss hard arm setup but dont know how hard it would be to fab up square arms. i want to go with the y link setup, TnT arms basically. what about a crossmember? brackets? again, i know yall have done this before. any help would be great, thanks guys.

So the girlfriends dad has a shop and every tool under the sun. he offered to help me fab some rock rails and long arms. im trying to keep the rock rails as simple and low profile as possible, but i still want em to be tough. i know yall have done this before... how about some #'s (dimensions).
as for the long arms i would like to go with somehting like Claytonss hard arm setup but dont know how hard it would be to fab up square arms. i want to go with the y link setup, TnT arms basically. what about a crossmember? brackets? again, i know yall have done this before. any help would be great, thanks guys.

Talk to frankZ about a crossmember, he can build you one. Look at his thread about his sons's XJ build up and you can see his long arm setup. Arms are not that hard. Do some research and check out some of the ads and sponsors on NAXJA. For example Ballistic FAB sells all sorts of tube, tube ends, flex joints, bushings, you name it...........

Rock rails again in another thread in for sale Yella talks about Ohana Fab who can make you a set. If you are just wanting to play around and learn how to weld, fab etc. then by all means take your time, but if you want stuff now it wil be no less cheaper than to just buy rock rails by the time you figure out dimensions and mounting points it would have been less hassle to just buy them.

cool, thanks man. her dad says he gets all his stuff from DenCo Fasteners and was talking about taking me down there one day to get all the stuff we need to do it. i'm just trying to figure out the best place to get all my other stuff (TRE's, bushings, hardware...) any ideas? i'm new to making this stuff myself...kind of.

cool, thanks man. her dad says he gets all his stuff from DenCo Fasteners and was talking about taking me down there one day to get all the stuff we need to do it. i'm just trying to figure out the best place to get all my other stuff (TRE's, bushings, hardware...) any ideas? i'm new to making this stuff myself...kind of.

...there are many places to by the flex joints and bushings, Rubicon Express has all their flex joints and bushings and you can contact Bigoffroad he can order and he is local. The ad sponser on top of NAXJA page BALLISTIC FAb has a lot of cool stuff!

Back