• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hampton Roads M&G

9:00 it is-- I'm not lookin' for anything in particular but I'm happy wandering around for a while. Anything specific you're searching for?

P.S. notice how you picked the time, again? :)

Tiny turn out this week. Here's a few notes from the junk yard.

1. no Liberty's at Pick and Pull (too new)
2. no luck on the front drive line for an AW4 (forgot)
3. rear windshield wiper motor designs change every dang year
4. don't let Shorty see rust on your rig.
5. i just found out my cylinder head is the dreaded 0331:helpme:
6. discussing engine changes can really stress a guy out:flamemad:

Not a great day but, any day at the junk yard is better than a day at work.

1. no Liberty's at Pick and Pull (too new)
2. no luck on the front drive line for an AW4 (forgot)
3. rear windshield wiper motor designs change every dang year
4. don't let Shorty see rust on your rig.
5. i just found out my cylinder head is the dreaded 0331:helpme:
6. discussing engine changes can really stress a guy out:flamemad:

Not a great day but, any day at the junk yard is better than a day at work.

1. damn
2 dont affect me
3. see above
4. why?
5. wait of fit to blow
6. I've done mine a few times.

I agree!

don't let Shorty see rust on your rig.
I was just looking for a rig in your rust!!
i just found out my cylinder head is the dreaded 0331:helpme:
late build, though...

7. steering pumps make an awful racket when they start dying
8. red is also known as "the other white"

lesson #9

when you've got a good shifter in your hand, don't cheap out and pull the bushing. I got home and pulled my shifter, only to find out the bushing is fine and the shifter is worn slam out.
:flamemad::bawl::cool:

lesson #9

when you've got a good shifter in your hand, don't cheap out and pull the bushing. I got home and pulled my shifter, only to find out the bushing is fine and the shifter is worn slam out.
:flamemad::bawl::cool:

well at least you know where one is that has a mean gangster lean and a few gouges in it.

I've never seen a shifter as bad as mine-- it's got gouged grooves over 1/8" deep on both sides of the tapered post just above the ball where the bushing is/was, and the cut-outs in the top pivot looked like someone folded them over with a hammer! I dressed it with a file and put it back together..... I'm a cheap bitch:looser: Actually, I plan to go get the other, but I figured I'd see if I helped it at all-- it seemed to shift easier, so maybe momma won't be afraid to drive it after all:dunno:

did anybody get windshield wiper relay box?

saw one, said "Shawn needs that," forgot to grab it...... I was a little distracted after I shot myself in the eye with the shifter bushing, but that's still just an excuse. I'll grab one next trip if you haven't found one first.

i need to go back and get some store credit for this wiper motor. unless Shorty will let me test it in one of his rigs. i can make it work but i need to rewire the connector (not doing until i know it works) and find a legacy wiper arm. :repair:

i need to go back and get some store credit for this wiper motor. unless Shorty will let me test it in one of his rigs. i can make it work but i need to rewire the connector (not doing until i know it works) and find a legacy wiper arm. :repair:

fine w/me-- which one do you need to adulterate?

shawn, i have your wiper relay box. it will cost you $1500 or your ARB system. i wont mind either.:roflmao:
hit me up whenever.

Aw man, you would give me your rig just for me to have that little black box. Aren't you a sweetheart...

Just forget me like that huh? I see... well at least the stock one doesn't vibe for daily driving yet. 600 miles round tripped, didn't skip a beat, AND Delaware drivers were good enough to afford me an impromptu brake test. The rear became the front, but I didn't drive through anyone's trunk.

My schedule just went to shit, so I may not be seen for a little while. Holler on the next JY day, or meet up. I don't work til Noon... every weekend...

we remembered you up until the time we started looking for Acura door handles for "some Acura" that had a bad "one of the handles" and got side-tracked trying to figure out the engineering nightmare that was an older Jaguar.

btw shawn. do you still want the roof rack from JCR? Need to let me know soon.

Most likely, when you heading up there? O and remember when you reply to somebody, you should type a message...

I just talked to Kevin, he says he signed up a few days ago, but his account isn't processing. Anybody remember how long it took to activate an account?

red or user? User was almost immediate email with login instructions. Red was a day or so.

Maybe his email carrier sent the login instructions to spam?

user.

Back