• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hampton Roads M&G

Shoot, I forgot, Shorty we did get paid, some of us anyhow. I did. My transfer case is about to blow up. I have to get it swapped asap!

Shorty. What paint did you use on your engine. And what would you recommend on bare stainless steel headers. ceramic coating company in vb wants $190. Cant afford that so what do ya think?

I used aluminum paint coated with regular automotive paint on the intake and cylinder head-- held up fine so far...

fixed.jpg

blurry as hell, but you've seen it recently (1.5 years later)

For exhaust, there's nothing that I'm aware of that'll hold up, outside of powdercoat/ceramic coatings.

Shoot, I forgot, Shorty we did get paid, some of us anyhow. I did. My transfer case is about to blow up. I have to get it swapped asap!

You couldn't have gotten paid-- Jared said so.....

I did have a REALLY good Friday, so it wouldn't surprise me though.

I found one a while back with a sye so im calling him tomorrow.

Shit, he sold it. Well, more searching...

Is there a difference between the NV231 and NP231?

thats what I thought. Got one!

out of an 05 Wrangler, 30K on it. very nice. weekend project!

309621_2583193109078_1531991785_2772004_589745345_n.jpg

Hey guys I am in your area and have a nice 98 2 door project I am doing for my brother in law. He turns 16 next year so we picked him up one. I have a spare tcase if anyone is interested. Let it go for way cheap.

Hey guys I am in your area and have a nice 98 2 door project I am doing for my brother in law. He turns 16 next year so we picked him up one. I have a spare tcase if anyone is interested. Let it go for way cheap.

you are 2 days too short. I would of liked to bought one off another member but I did get this one as a real good deal. You got anything else, post it up in for sale I am in the market for a few things.

Yeah I don't have much, I had to sell my lifted 1990 2 door when we transferred up here. Bought a vw jetta so my wife could keep her TJ. Doing a transmission swap for my brother in laws 2 door so he can get in it and get used to driving. I am thinking of getting an MJ. Found a couple 2WD on craigslist but am unsure of how to approach the wife about yet another want.

Welcome flynn!! glad to hear your enabling another young jeeper.

so im going to post this in modified section as well but seeing as we have a good amount of knowledge right here in HR....im going to swap my 0331 head with a 0630 from a 99 cherokee. i have the cali emissions exhaust system so i have to find a way to mount/fool the o2 sensor. i have already ordered the APN header to solve the physical mount issue to the 0630. i will be using a walker down pipe and a stainless steel flex pipe to mount to the stock cat back.

I've searched and searched the forum but have found no one to successfully retrofit the 0630 without an adaptor plate. nor have i found a solution for the o2 sensor relocation with a follow up on whether or not it worked.

i am going to attempt this mod making sure i take pictures and note to pass on this knowledge to whoever might need it next, but until then any input from our local experts would be great.

And that my friends is why I am staying unmarried...

Well she's extremely cool, makes the exact same as me and has been with me on my Blazer, K-10 pickup, 91 XJ, 90 XJ(after the 91 burnt to the ground) And numerous hunting and gun wants I just don't know what to say. And I am moving next summer just so I can have a better garage. C' mon how many wife's would be cool with that huh?

yea, sounds like you got a keeper. Congrats! Now as for an O2 sensor I believe when I was a 3SX guy they used radio shack, crap, ummm, like little capacitors, or resistors, and they wired them in like that. Maintained a good reading too, so they always had a better A/F mixture, which is important with those guys.

OK guys, I really can't wait to swap these transfer cases. Im starting friday. I would like to share the experience with one of you. Ill bring the beers. I can not wait to get the SYE, this damn thing is about to fall out.

Back