• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

H.D. OFFROAD RELOCATION BRACKETS REV 2 INSTALL

Got mine on thanks hd first run on New Year's Day.
image_zps64426324.jpg

You should try one or two holes forward.

That picture was when I installed it with no weight in the rear. When I put all the gear ice chest and four people it sits better I did have it forward more originally then changed it. Actually i have moved it three times this one seems to work the best with the loads Im carrying when out on the trails.

Can you cut off the rest of the bracket? Lets say the last 3 holes going towards the bumper. My shackles hit if i go one more hole forward.I think this would also lower my a$$ a little more

ya, no issues with clearancing the bracket. you know you can flip it 180 for a little different orientation too, right? seems like it might help if your cutting off 3 holes.

if you do id suggest throwing a few welds on whats left.

Thank you.I was thinking the same thing on welding it up a little.I have flipped the bracket already, guess i will try and see what happens.

Just installed mine on Wednesday and love em! Ive always been blessed with ok shackle angles on my XJs but decided to order these up for my new one that I just bought. Im loving em so far, great purchase that im more than happy with.

yes you can. The newer design uses a slotted hole in the stock shackle box so you can adjust it down to fit over skids or trailer hitch mounts. If you do so is your choice.

You can see the slotted holes in this photo:
IMG_5504.jpg

Well, while I'm (not so) patiently waiting for the first coat of primer to dry on my new kit, I'll post a question here:

Has anyone actually taken advantage of this new design feature? Specifically, I mean has anyone mounted their new brackets beneath their gas tank skid and/or hitch? That's what I'm planning to do, but I'm a bit concerned about the fact that the flat piece will not sit flush with the factory shackle box and the "frame". Has anyone done this yet? The pics posted so far in this thread seem to show most folks mounting it flush with the "frame".

I would really prefer not having to remove the gas tank skid and the Rigid rear bumper w/ integrated trailer hitch just to put on these brackets...

This is what it looks like now:

IMG_6134.jpg

Last edited:
I would use a shim so the hole farthest forward woill be even all the way back.

That's what I did -- I put a couple of 1/2" USS flat washers in there. Worked perfectly.

But I was more concerned about the gap between the flat bracket and the factory shackle box and the rear of the "frame". So I cut a few pieces of flat stock, stacked them, and secured them with a 1/4" bolt in the rear (you can just barely see the head of the bolt above the carpenter's square in the first photo, below) and a 1/4" spring pin in the front. They look a little cheesy, but they fit perfectly and seem solid as a rock.

I didn't quite get my shackles to 45 degrees -- looks more like 53.5. Close enough for me, though.

Love the kit -- thanks for a great product! :patriot:

IMG_6318.jpg

IMG_6317-Edit.jpg

Last edited:
I would like to use this together with the stock shackles, but i'm not sure if the will be enough up travel before the bolts hit the bracket, if the shackles is placed so they have a 45 degree angle. Could anyone help me answer that? I have a 4,5" RC short lift kit with full leaf pack (not add a leaf).

Back