• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

H.D. OFFROAD RELOCATION BRACKETS REV 2 INSTALL

these look really nice! just to make sure with a hitch you would just unbolt the hitch bolts, lower the hitch and than put the bracket above the hitch and than tighten up the nuts just like on the hitch? correct me if im wrong please! can someone post a pic of these mounted with a hitch? thanks!

that is correct!

This is before the lower bracket gets attached
IMG_5532.jpg

Hello, I read through the thread unless I missed it somewhere. Why is the portion that goes into the existing shackle box in tabbed slots not welded on? Is it for shipping purposes?

Has anyone else, by chance, run into the shackle mounts being about 1/16" too narrow to fit the shackle/sleeve into? Mine are (I tried two different sets of OEM shackles, and one aftermarket set). I don't have the means to press the H.D. 1/4" steel apart, and prefer not to grind down the shackle bushing, so I'm left scratching my head.

Craig

have you tried using a bolt and coupler nut to spread the box enough to slide the shackle in?

Guess that would still leave you with bushing bind, unless its just so slightly small that install is the only issue

just grind down the bushing sleeve a bit

Has anyone else, by chance, run into the shackle mounts being about 1/16" too narrow to fit the shackle/sleeve into? Mine are (I tried two different sets of OEM shackles, and one aftermarket set). I don't have the means to press the H.D. 1/4" steel apart, and prefer not to grind down the shackle bushing, so I'm left scratching my head.

Craig

pm sent.

I need help! Went to install these awesome brackets and 15 minutes in I was stymied. Two of the four bolts holding my hitch on sheeted off. It's the driver side so they are studs. Anyway to fix these? I know I can weld the brackets to the jeep but I need the trailer hitch. Help! 2001 5.5" lift on 35s btw

Drill them out, or visit your local welding/machine shop. All 3 of the driver side hitch studs broke on my ZJ. Took it to the welding shop, they drilled them out, tapped to the next size up and gave me 3 new grade 8 bolts. Cost a little more than I wanted, but I didn't have to spend an afternoon drilling/breaking bits.

Back