• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

H.D. OFFROAD RELOCATION BRACKETS REV 2 INSTALL

Hello from down under guys!

I got myself a set of these for Chrissy and have finally got around to installing them. I got one side in but the other is proving hard to slot into the original bracket, does anyone have some tips for getting the things in? I've had a pretty good go with a BFH but that didnt get the job done. I've now got the parts in the feezer(will let them stay in there for a day or two) to see if that can get be a tiny bit more space.

Also it seems alot of you mount yours above your tow hitches/skids. I have mounted my below and will let you know if I have any issues with movement etc.

I got myself a set of these for Chrissy and have finally got around to installing them. I got one side in but the other is proving hard to slot into the original bracket, does anyone have some tips for getting the things in? I've had a pretty good go with a BFH but that didnt get the job done. I've now got the parts in the feezer(will let them stay in there for a day or two) to see if that can get be a tiny bit more space.

Also it seems alot of you mount yours above your tow hitches/skids. I have mounted my below and will let you know if I have any issues with movement etc.

Can't help you with the install part but I can say that the only thing I see coming of you mounting them the way you did is getting a wee bit more lift.

I had to use a make-shift "spreader" to enlarge the opening a bit before mine would go in:

IMG_6309.jpg

And I installed mine below the trailer hitch and gas tank skid, too. I didn't care for the resulting gap at the front and the rear of the bracket, so I cut a few pieces of flat stock and sandwiched them in there. I drilled/tapped a 1/4-20 hole in them and fastened them to the main bracket so they won't fall out.

IMG_6318.jpg

So far, they've worked great. Survived the 30th Anniversary Event in Moab and several other local-area trips. I've been very pleased with them.
icon14.gif

Well finally got around to installing the other side, currently sitting on stock shackles, think I might have to do some trimming and/or go with longer shackles. Will decide once they have settled for a bit.

Just ordered these from Brian. Love the lateral support. Wanted to bump it so I can find the thread easily and finish reading it. Any thoughts on using these with Iron Man tubular shackles or is that overkill? Yes, I'm looking for 1 - 2" lift and could use regular flat steel shackles but those spendy Iron Man shackles look pretty stout for sure.

Now I get around to reading the rest of the posts and see the too tight/"spreading" issue - that would bother me - isn't free travel the whole point? And not mounting flush (I guess that might be a tradeoff for the additional lateral support instead of just bolt on the flat surface with no additional support as the Iron Man brackets ). Looks like shims might be the answer to that. I hope/plan to mount them between the frame and the JCR gas tank skid using the JCR nutstrips (no factory hitch). Guess I'll figure it out.

Thanks.

Gary

Last edited:
the ironman shackles are MASSIVE. Way overkill IMO and you won't get any less than 2-3" of lift using them

Brian, on your web site the decriotion says free shipping but then it says 10 dollars will be added at check out. Can you clarify actual cost. I would like to purchase them soon. Thx.

Brian, your website states free shipping, but then says 10. Bucks will be added at check out. Can u please clarify. I would like to get some soon. Thx.

Brian, your website states free shipping, but then says 10. Bucks will be added at check out. Can u please clarify. I would like to get some soon. Thx.

That's crazy that no one has brought that up must have been like that for almost two years now.

These are 130 to your door, I will get website fixed.

Cool. I will order some today or tomorrow. Just gotta schmooze the wife a little. Lol. Oh yeah, should I mention that my xj is a 1998 ?? Is there any difference or they all the same. ?? Thx for the quick reply.

Just ordered a set ... �� ��

No promises, but I might try to post installation pics and follow up on your product.. next trip is a 4 day Death Valley run, so if I make it back alive I should have some good action pictures ..

Okay. I am going to post a bunch of photos of the progress.

It went pretty smooth for the most part. Here is a quick rundown

Stock angles,
Get teenager to help,
Paint HD. Kit, ( almost forgot ) ,
Wait for rain to go away,
Test fit kit,
Find out that on a 1998 jeep two door xj will need some cutting of the stock shackle location,
Thank the plasma gods,
Install kit,
Put jeep back together,
Go for a ride,
Smile from ear to ear .....

Back