• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

H.D. OFFROAD RELOCATION BRACKETS REV 2 INSTALL

Any way the bolts could br made 10mm longer or so? The two per side that hold the shackle brackets are not long enough for proper thread engagement.

mine were just about perfect when torqued down with washers. I think much longer and they'd hit the top of the shackle in the middle positions.

IMG_5533.jpg

Its more than ideal for this application, I beat the crap out of them for 3 years set up like this. Make them longer and most shackles will not clear the bolt if they happen to line up below the bolt, or the brackets would have to be made with more lift.

I would be willing to bet I was harder on them than 99.9% of you all ever will be.

and if you're really worried about it, throw a couple inches of weld on it

i've been DD'ing and wheeling mine with these on it since the bolt-on version came out, and they haven't shown any signs of loosening yet

Just put my PayPal in! Looking forward to it, after my last leaf spring shackle combo mutilated my leaf spring bushings within a matter of months.

:us: F-Yeah.

Got around to installing the bumper today and finishing up sealing and painting the cut n fold and I got the HD shackle relocation brackets installed, took about 45 minutes per side on a jackstand by myself with air tools (netted me around 2" of lift with the stock shackles!)

IMG_1197.jpg

IMG_1198.jpg

Before and after the relocation brackets

Before
56c8239d.jpg

After
78535ac4.jpg

The other side

31c80319.jpg

de90c7cd.jpg

The bumper brackets were a bit of a PITA, little more cutting :confused:
69d2f816.jpg

3407c246.jpg

It was all worth it though. Great looking bumper, can't wait to mount up some 3.5" lights in it now. :D

3a2835e2.jpg

5f931fea.jpg

And for those of you who do this on the ground and by yourself here's a little brainstorm I came up with to push and hold the shackle out while installing the brackets. I used an OEM bottle jack. Place it on the leaf pack and jack against the framerail. Do it slowly so it doesn't slip off and spring back on you while you're down there working.

d14f9948.jpg

651d2c03.jpg

And for those of you who do this on the ground and by yourself here's a little brainstorm I came up with to push and hold the shackle out while installing the brackets. I used an OEM bottle jack. Place it on the leaf pack and jack against the framerail. Do it slowly so it doesn't slip off and spring back on you while you're down there working.

d14f9948.jpg

651d2c03.jpg

Genius!!! Scary but genius.

Back