• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Guess what!? 2007 is coming fast! Check this out please!

I had a great time. We had a great turn out, and good weather. I took a total of 6 pics and will get them up later. Good people, good wheeling, good times.

This is a sweet pic IMO
Picture092.jpg

I had a great time. I want to thank Scrappy for setting up the cabin and rolling his Jeep with me in it, Opie for putting his doors on my Jeep and riding with me, Scrappy, Opie and Ben H for installing new ball joints in my junk on Friday afternoon, and everyone else for showing up. :cheers:

all my videos are without sound... :-(

ill get pics up after i get off work tonight at 12:00 - hopefully...

Had a great time as well, and it was good to meet some new folks. The run was perfect - challenging for stockers and fun for the modified.

This was my first time to the area, and I sure wish I would have visited Shaver sooner.

Eric

Finally got a second to get all my pictures uploaded...

Friday morning - 6:30am came real early for me...

Phil showed up around 7:30, and we got out the T-40 Torx and the angle grinder, and went to work putting some grey doors on green junk.

At around 9:45 we were ready to go and left the bayarea, headed to Fresno.

Bad ball joints gave a 'You're gonna die' feeling to the jeep all the way there - but - Neither of us died... :D

Uppon arrival in Fresno, we found Ben H and a Scrappy Matt ready to swap out some ball joints - just for fun :D

dscn2154.jpg

Phil gets a Jeep Certified BJ -
dscn2158.jpg

after some fun in Matt's driveway, we took off up the hill to the cabin, to make sure we were there and got a bed :D

uppon arrival, the Red Sled of Death made its Debut -

dscn2161.jpg

Last edited:
Later on that night, we saw CRASH -

dscn2163.jpg

after drinking and being marry, we slept, got up early and made burritos.

then met the day crew for some snow driving -

dscn2166.jpg

Bald Mountain Trailhead -
dscn2170.jpg

I stole green junk, and parked it :D Silly Jeep Tricks :D

dscn2173.jpg

My personal Chauffeur for the run -
dscn2177.jpg

Drivers headroom is at a premium... :D
dscn2192.jpg

Pretty Scenery, Pretty Yellow, Pretty Carburator -
dscn2197.jpg

Captn Nemo gets his rig out to play -
dscn2198.jpg

Phil says 'Im burried to the X-Treme!'
dscn2201.jpg

Doug says 'Kernel is burried to the X-Treme!'
dscn2203.jpg

Shark Mark bends over and takes it - shouldda worn the "Forged Cap of Ironslayer, +3 INT, +34 Armor, +50% armor against Elemental damage" hat -
dscn2205.jpg

Shark Marks shades -
dscn2207.jpg

Scrappy says 'Im burried to the X-Treme!'
dscn2209.jpg

After reaching the top, the sun started to go down, and we started getting colder... so we headed off the mountain, and into town for the best and cheapest pizza for miles around... :D

Corey is a big man with a little pizza -
dscn2218.jpg

then back to the cabin for some hanging out and hearing about the girls in Louisiana...

Doug gets an interesting BJ -
dscn2219.jpg

Kernel couldnt find a tarp, but the chair was close enough in shape to the drivers seat of an trusty 87...

dscn2222.jpg

After staying up hella late and stuff, we woke up and watched The Island, and then left.

Phil, Scrappy and I went to In and Out for some grub, then headed North.
Scrappy supporting the NAXJA -
dscn2224.jpg

But we did happen to see Bryan on the way home -
dscn2225.jpg

all my pics are here:
http://www.opiebennett.com/images/Jeep/BaldMountain11307/index.html

Im working on getting the video's up in some way, but that will be a later time... my GF's camera takes movies with OUT audio, so... lame, and they are .mov format which means the Evil Empire Mac format...

XJ_ranger said:
Pretty Scenery, Pretty Yellow, Pretty expensive head job and fuel injection kit -
dscn2197.jpg

Fixed it for ya. ;)

Our group had an awesome time and couldn't say enough good things about the people from NAXJA.

We should rent snowmobiles next time... :)

Letterman said:
Whats that movie on the very top right?
Cannibal Holocaust, I would think. Everything to make you cozy in a remote cabin.

Man it looks like you guys had a great time, too bad I had to miss it....next time though! Thanks for all the pics to make the rest of us lamo's jealous.

Hey all,
It was great meeting you all. I really had a great time. I hope we can wheel together again some time.
On a side note, first you call my Jeep a YJ, now you say it has a carb! Where's the love? lol :D
attachment.php

attachment.php

This should look familiar to all you 4.0 heads. :p
attachment.php

MellowYellowCJ7 said:
This should look familiar to all you 4.0 heads.
The belt is routed weirdly.

MellowYellowCJ7 said:
It's a 4.0 Head, MPI EFI, and a stock(ish) 1983 4.2 block.
The belt will change again when the OBA York is installed.

At least you have the Genuine "OOO GAH" sounding horn! :D

Back