• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Guess what!? 2007 is coming fast! Check this out please!

ccflexj said:
well it seems like San Ramon would be the best place to meet up with people so let me know where in San Ramon you want to meet. ive never been to bald mountain but with map quest and 3-4 of us i bet well make it!
haha, ok how about central park in San Ramon, in the parking lot next to the skatepark and basketball courts. Take the bollinger exit off of 680, make a left on bollinger if your coming from the north, and a right if your coming from the south and you will see the park on your left after an open lot also on the left. At 5:00am saturday, sound ok?

Ok guys.. well my rig is on the trailer. I got to just pack!

Andrey, those hooks wont work without proper bracketry (the unibody will just tear).

DO NOT FORGET CHAINS

DO NOT FORGET MONEY TO PAY ME FOR THE CABIN

DONT FORGET DIRECTIONS TO THE MEETING LOCATION

DONT FORGET WARM CLOTHES

This applies to EVERYONE who plans on coming, even for the day. It may not be a bad idea to throw a sleeping bag in just in case shit hits the fan and you need to crash.

See yall tomorrow and sat.

oo7ravisXJ said:
haha, ok how about central park in San Ramon, in the parking lot next to the skatepark and basketball courts. Take the bollinger exit off of 680, make a left on bollinger if your coming from the north, and a right if your coming from the south and you will see the park on your left after an open lot also on the left. At 5:00am saturday, sound ok?

sounds good man, see you there.

I wont be making it up this time. My high School Science teacher passed away today, the service is this sunday. He was a good friend of mine so I need to go. Maybe next time guys.

sorry to hear that.:shocked: :bawl:

but WE ARE GOING TO DIE!!:shiver:

you guys can come find us in the spring.:sunshine:

I will see you at the trail. Please do not wait up on me.

Andrey

oo7ravisXJ said:

need to know how many people are going to be meeting here?
so that were not sitting around for nothing

alexs rig is a little busted up so were takeing my rig
ill be there just before 5am red 91 xj

if possible be there before 5am as its a about 3hours and 15min drive +/- any issues 445 might be best

-nick

nickangus said:
need to know how many people are going to be meeting here?
so that were not sitting around for nothing

alexs rig is a little busted up so were takeing my rig
ill be there just before 5am red 91 xj

if possible be there before 5am as its a about 3hours and 15min drive +/- any issues 445 might be best

-nick
good point, who else is meet at central park at 4:45am tommarow? So far its obvioulsy me, nickangus, luvdaxj, ccflexj(alex?), any body else? (i dont know real names yet, just sn's)

oo7ravisXJ said:
good point, who else is meet at central park at 4:45am tommarow? So far its obvioulsy me, nickangus, luvdaxj, ccflexj(alex?), any body else? (i dont know real names yet, just sn's)

nickangus = nick
ccflexj = alex

ill be driving my rig and alex will my OBT

i need to hear from luvdaxj or im not waiting for you to never show up

Alright kids, i made it home safely. its been a long day, 23 hour day actually. but it was a blast, i want to thank everyone for letting me come. Special thanks to Eric for letting me ride with him, and Matt for making sure i got out alright. If i forgot anyone, no hard feelings, i'm just a lil tired. lol, thanks again. Jeremy

Those magnificent men and their flying machines

...they go up, and they go down

Hi,

That was one fun day. Powder snow, not a step from the packed trail. The pictures I got are mostly useless, but here they are.

Scrappy.jpg

Ben.jpg

fixingScrappy.jpg

RedWr.jpg

RollLine.jpg

toyota.jpg

And a small video of the first hill
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0QZu667Z2E

Here is emule link.
ed2k://|file|Offroad.snow-run.Bald-Mountain-Jan-13-2007.avi|22962194|1EF7E2FCFF84AC8984230F7DB0308B74|h=GTDFGNEGUOIELJMGIA6KFOCAZSJ24U7X|/|sources,slonopotam.no-ip.org:4661|/

Thanks everybody, especially people who tug me out of where my stupidity put me.

I will not forget soon how a bunch of people were trying to break into closed suburban in the cold forest under the stars.

On the way back I conducted a small unplanned experiment - I forgot to connect my sway bar. Now I know, it is better to have one connected on the highway. The jeep was tilting more than usual on every turn, but I attributed it to my perception due to me being tired, so I just went slower.

Andrey

Last edited:
Re: Those magnificent men and their flying machines

GREAT TRIP guys. Had a great time. Thanks for setting up that sweet cabin Scrappy.

It was nice meeting soem new folks and seeing familiar faces again. Can't wait until the next trip.

I'll have some pix soon.

Mark

Awsome run! That was the most fun i think I've had in my xj yet. And thanks to everybody that sacraficed their mobility to help me get out, thank god for winches.

My buddy hasn't uploaded his pictures yet, so untill he does i wont have them, but hes got a bunch.

Had a great time, cant wait for the next run!

Nice fun trip, a few photos, too cold to take a bunch and I did not have a Memory card in the camera for the first 2 hours :looser:

Fresh snow to make your own lines anywhere:
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a399/dlddesign/BaldMt/28f8d9c5.jpg?t=1168887695
28f8d9c5.jpg

Ben H.
987659e6.jpg

6aae5455.jpg

DSC_1010.jpg

Travis:
DSC_0984.jpg

Shark Mark:
DSC_0993.jpg

Andray:
DSC_0998.jpg

We made it to the tower:
DSC_1014-1.jpg

After lunch some of us got stuck in some DEEP soft stuff, then we went home, I had a good day, if you were there I hope you did too.

DSC_1019.jpg

DSC_1021.jpg

here are some of my pics from the trip, cold and fun, ran the trail on my honda 50 since my jeep broke down the day before.

Opie stole Phils jeep and left it like this:
Picture079.jpg

Scrappy:
Picture092.jpg

3 wheelin it:
Picture088.jpg

Flopped:
Picture096.jpg

Dave:
Picture102.jpg

Top:
Picture106.jpg

fun day but very cold

What a fun trip! Had tons of fun, thanks for those that came out! I didnt take any photos at all, but I have to put these up for BenH, from Letterman.

DSC_1015.jpg

index.php

index.php

Get some photos up guys!

Back