• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Goatfest, unofficial thread.

No GV escapades, spotting, pulling cable or having Cal scare the pee out of me at 90 mph this year. Higher priority task in Norfolk over came mtgs in SD & LA. Canceled and wrote new orders this morning. Work giveth and work taketh away.

John

No GV escapades, spotting, pulling cable or having Cal scare the pee out of me at 90 mph this year. Higher priority task in Norfolk over came mtgs in SD & LA. Canceled and wrote new orders this morning. Work giveth and work taketh away.

John

Sorry to hear that John. Was looking forward to seeing you; didn't get a lot of time to visit last time.

David Bricker / SYR

I whent from (Not sure if i should try and make it) to (The jeeps packed and waiting).....

I got one fender to trim, a cb to wire, a radiator to pull/replace and a water pump to pull and reseal the heater tube on. other then that the trans stuck a lil in 3rd last night but i think she will be ok.

Cant wait to meet everyone.

Damn, I keep missing this thread because it's a sticky.

No, I won't be able to do dinner this year. My buggy has been broken since the last Goatfest, and I'm really anxious to get some good wheeling in. Between not really having time to do the prep work for dinner and not wanting to have to take the time to deal with it out there, I'm going to have to pass this year. I'm looking forward to a pretty chill time wheeling and hanging out.

It's a crime that my buggy has been down for a year. We worked on the KOH car so much that I didn't have time for awhile, then I got burned out about working on anything. The motor still isn't in the buggy, but it should go in today. I was going to do a few upgrades to the thing while it was down, but didn't do anything, so it's coming out looking exactly like it did before, kinda beat up. But, it has a fresh motor and new radiator. :)

Mine can do doubles, either stacked (same direction) or staggered (opposite directions)

Not sure if yours works the same way. bring it! we can have 2-4 shooters going at once

Okay folks--unless you all want to try to organize a potluck for Saturday, everyone's on their own for food... Goatman's got too much on his plate (pun intended).

If people actually want to do a potluck, I can set up a potluck site like I do for the SoCalXJ group's annual picnic. It's pretty basic, but also pretty handy. And I have not gotten any spam (email spam, not real :spam:) from using the potluck site, in spite of having used it for 4 years or more, using my primary email address as my login.

im in for which ever, though if its a pot luck we all need to chime in sooner then later. Aswell get a head count. Im thinking every man for them self is the better option though im down for what ever.

PS. i dunno how well my 18 inch mossy is gonna do with the clays, its more of a "wahblam broke in the wrong house mutha f*c*a" kinda gun.

Hey David.
I cant bring a grill either but I can buy & prep meat and bring it out if you want to send some sauce ahead.

Think about it.

k.

You've got mail. No, really, you've got mail. Real mail. Well, you're gonna have mail.

If, and only if someone wants to arrange a potluck, I'll contribute a substantive amount of Spiedies. K, I appreciate your offer; it would make my life a lot easier than trying to run around like crazy Thursday night. I would gladly reimburse you for the meat.

I really am looking forward to relaxing a bit more than last year, mostly in the hopes of getting a chance to talk to people more than hi as they came through the serving line. I met a number of people, and I'm sorry to say I can't remember meeting them, since I was preoccupied.

David Bricker / SYR

i'll clean up the grill over the next couple days and make sure it has gas. in between changing my transfer case....

Back