• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Goatfest, unofficial thread.

Works for me. I'd like to head out Giant Rock way, haven't been there since before it split.

Hope you like whoops.

Wish I could make it. Both my Jeeps are effin with me and I need to make the DD reliable so it doesn't leave me stranded on a hunting trip in the desert.

Cool! Just going to sit and yap/drink with the BSC gang?
This is what I was wanting to do, but I have nothing as far as equipment is concerned. More trouble then it's worth, and I'd probably be too uncomfortable. I was going to bring about a half dozen marinaded tri-tips down for the cause. :chef:

There are no whoops in Johnson Valley....:wierd:
Ask that Hawaiian(?) kid about whoops at JV. He was the one who was just arriving to JV back in 07 and hit a bomb crater doing about 40mph. Launched his rig about 7' in the air, popped the airbags, his roof rack came unhinged and landed on the ground in front of his rig, and his D30 had a big smile looking shape to it. I forget the kids name, but I sat and watched the whole thing. I think he limped it out to the hwy and called road service (AAA) and had it towed back to the LA basin. He never did get the wheel that weekend.

This is what I was wanting to do, but I have nothing as far as equipment is concerned. More trouble then it's worth, and I'd probably be too uncomfortable. I was going to bring about a half dozen marinaded tri-tips down for the cause. :chef:

Ask that Hawaiian(?) kid about whoops at JV. He was the one who was just arriving to JV back in 07 and hit a bomb crater doing about 40mph. Launched his rig about 7' in the air, popped the airbags, his roof rack came unhinged and landed on the ground in front of his rig, and his D30 had a big smile looking shape to it. I forget the kids name, but I sat and watched the whole thing. I think he limped it out to the hwy and called road service (AAA) and had it towed back to the LA basin. He never did get the wheel that weekend.

Hawaiian...lol. That was Kyung....korean.

You coming Dan?

Hawaiian...lol. That was Kyung....korean.
For some reason I thought he had a screen name that would make me think he was Hawaiian. My bad!!! But that's who it was. He ****ED his rig up bad on that bomb crater.

You coming Dan?
I can not make it. It'd be the perfect time, but it's just not in the cards. Going to go see my elderly mother for turkey day.

Pulled the XJ on the trailer to find out driverside motor mount no bueno. 2nd one in 6 months! No time to order bomb proof ones and I do have tube and bushings laying around so I guess I'll plug in the Mig and have at it.

Last edited:
On the west side a little further in is main camp....BSC is further north on the lake bed. You should see plenty of XJs to make it easy for you to find camp.

Just to confirm where Naxja base camp will be from the link posted. On the left just past the little dipper looking group of RV's as you come onto the lake bed Right? So basically between the 1st bigger group and the 2nd which are circled in a wagon train like camp!

Just to confirm where Naxja base camp will be from the link posted. On the left just past the little dipper looking group of RV's as you come onto the lake bed Right? So basically between the 1st bigger group and the 2nd which are circled in a wagon train like camp!

It sort of varies depending who is already out there and where we decide to park but in that area.

Flight delays have me stuck in Chicago presently, but still plan to arrive late tonight. Hoping to make it out in time to set up Thursday evening, really hoping before dark.

David Bricker / SYR

Back