• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Full Traction Longarms

2000_XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Ive been looking into getting the full traction 6'' long arm and its seems like a good kit, but I cant figure out how the upper arm mount to the frame. Also for those who have installed the kit is there anything to look out for when installing it? Thanks for the help

The upper arm mounts inside the 'frame' rail on the inside of the bracket that the lower arm mounts to. the bolt that goes through on the right hand side fouls the exhaust and needs a combination of trimming the bolt and bending the exhaust out the way a little for clearance. Rear bumpstop plates need a small area trimmed off to avoid hitting shock on left hand side. Otherwise it was fairly easy to install.

IMG_1021.jpg

Yea, after I put them on, following the instructions, I did stare at the grease fittings for awhile. There is no way to grease them from the top on mine.

FordGuy said:
I am very happy with mine, the kit was great. I did weld my brakets on though, I have a frame.
And a beefy frame i might add....

IMG_1011.jpg

FordGuy, I like how you've worked your sliders into the T&J stiffeners.

Are those JKS sliders? My tubes are bent up but look almost the same otherwise.

T&J makes sliders, and thats what they look like to me. They make their sliders to work with their stiffeners. Just cant quite see how they mount up...

Root Moose said:
FordGuy, I like how you've worked your sliders into the T&J stiffeners.

Are those JKS sliders? My tubes are bent up but look almost the same otherwise.

AJ's made a set up for me with the mounts left off so I could fab my own to the frame. I sort of used T&J and plated the front then welded everything together instead of bolting my brackets on.

Did you use the full T&J "stage 2" stiffener kit, with the tubes and the plating?

I really want one !!
I think its best suited for high speed desert driving & dunes

have you ever measured the total Front & rear suspension travel?

Mine is mostly stock other than ZJ coils & AAL
here is what we do around here
thats me

K.jpg

0712070104.jpg

Momken7adYe3barni.jpg

Group.jpg

IMGP1926.jpg

Last edited:
JNickel101 said:
Did you use the full T&J "stage 2" stiffener kit, with the tubes and the plating?

I used the bottom plates and then made the tube portion, (Copied) except the front is welded to the plate front instead of bolted to the front stock arm location. I just weld everything.

Back