• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Frankenstorm 2012

Some people lost their homes. Their entire home sits in a pile of rubble. One house lost the whole first floor and you can see a bedroom set through the gaping whole in the wall. That 2nd floor bedroom is now almost the first floor. Saw a few homes impaled by a 23-25 foot cuddy cabin. Sirens still going off. Tuckerton beach had a few homes slip into the bay and gas leaks everywhere

Been spitting snow here today, earliest I remember seeing snow here since I was a kid. Those that were affected, hang in there!

Best of luck for the folks that really got hit. Hopefully, you can all get back to relative normal as soon as possible.

We ended up being very lucky. Got some moderate winds, and moderate rain, but no major flooding or damage. I think it's all because I bought a propane heater, and made sure my wife had heat, light and water before leaving town.

David Bricker / SYR

11783448-large.jpg

What's left of the yard at my yacht club in Perth Amboy. That photo is from the Star Ledger. I have a bunch more pictures. The rest of the waterfront is a mess too.

--Matt

yikes. Good thing you had your boat out of the water!

someone fired up a hell of a welder at 1:00... oh wait :dunce:

do we know of any naxja members who were hit really hard by this?

Detours Offroad posted a sweet picture of an outfitted xj deiving through deep water on his fb account that looks familiar

I lost power for 2 seconds. Been out all week since Tuesday cleaning up downed trees. First 2 day opening roads for local township. Last 2 days taking one big ass spruce off an office building. A chipper that can take 24" logs with a winch helps speed thing up:D. A friend lives in seaside heights, not sure if her little house is still there, heard it doesn't have a roof, several houses on her street are not on their foundationsanymore. She is only 3 block in and 3 block down from the amusement park that got destroyed(the roller coaster in the ocean they show on the news). Praying for her, she lost everything in '62 and probably again in '12:(.

Just came back from long beach to help my aunt uncle and cousin out for a bit... Never seen anything like this in my life. People are shoveling sand out of their garages.. Floor to ceiling of sand. Boats are miles from the water and docks on top of cars and laying on buildings, cars all over the place full of salt water and sand, parts of the boardwalk are everywhere.

Still have no power. Currently at a friends house with wifi. Still don't have much in the way of cell service. Been at work all week at least. Probably about 50 trees down on the golf course. Not looking at getting power at my house til the end of the week. They told us we'd get it by nov 7.

As much as i hated the last ~6 days of not having power, theres a lot of people far worse off than my family were. I see a few of our own are still hurting.. hang tough, let us know if we can help out in some way.

Your all in our prayers tonight...

Back