• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Frankenstorm 2012

wow good info thanks man. I'm going to pass that along

Yea, that's why everyone is calling it "superstorm" sandy. My aunt got $5k for her WJ, and get this... $4k for my uncles 91 grand marquis. He just shut his mouth and said ok when FEMA told him that.. Lol.

http://money.cnn.com/2012/11/11/news/economy/hurricane-deductibles/index.html?source=cnn_bin

The gist of it is that some insurance companies may be trying to pull a fast one by charging "hurricane" deductibles when the weather services have NOT classified the storm as a hurricane when it made landfall. If you're submitting a claim, keep your eyes open and be aware.

I read somewhere that in NJ Christie passed or was trying to pass something to prevent exactly this from happening.

Chuck schyumer in ny is pretty vocal about this, on tv and newspapers, aparently insurance companies are lobbying the nws to reclassify sandy as a hurricane

Yup. It's such bullshit. Still 73,000 people in NY and NJ without power as of this morning, most of that is Hoboken, southern queens county, and long beach.

lol like the NWS gives a **** about insurance companies

i was told not getting anything from the ins cause we did not have flood ins. also i was uneployed so my tool box was in my garage and half was underwater

i was told not getting anything from the ins cause we did not have flood ins. also i was uneployed so my tool box was in my garage and half was underwater
That sucks. I had my toolbox broken into a few years ago, so I feel your pain. replacing everything at once that you have bought over several years sucks.

i just got power back the other day and a tree fell on my leased car. my gf lives in atlantic city and i begged her to get out of there so she stayed with me for 9 days. many of her friends there lost everything.

Yup. It's such bullshit. Still 73,000 people in NY and NJ without power as of this morning, most of that is Hoboken, southern queens county, and long beach.

Don't know if you saw the story but a lineman from Florida had his jaw broken by one of the people they work on getting back in service. Sucks that guys can't go to work without thinking they are going to get jumped.

Sorry about your losses dude. I have a buddy that is going thru the same thing in Sayreville. Your video looked like what happened to him in his house. Had to get pulled out by boat.

I just got online for an afternoon and saw this thread. I have been at work since the midnight shift before the storm.

I was making philly runs in my taco with all of my buddies and his neighbor's empty gas cans.

Another buddy in Sayreville might loose his house. Town is looking at demolishing his block.

Friggen sad.

Don't know if you saw the story but a lineman from Florida had his jaw broken by one of the people they work on getting back in service. Sucks that guys can't go to work without thinking they are going to get jumped.

Yup, happened where a coworker lives. Idk what the guys malfunction was, but that story was real upsetting.

Sorry about your losses dude. I have a buddy that is going thru the same thing in Sayreville. Your video looked like what happened to him in his house. Had to get pulled out by boat.

I just got online for an afternoon and saw this thread. I have been at work since the midnight shift before the storm.

I was making philly runs in my taco with all of my buddies and his neighbor's empty gas cans.

Another buddy in Sayreville might loose his house. Town is looking at demolishing his block.

Friggen sad.

guess he lives on webber, for me in the vid that was 9:30 and by 10:30-11 the water was gone, lost one house in the area where i live, think i counted 59 house on the two street by me 53 had water damage and like 40 cars but my xj which has been sitting for like 3 years is fine water has mid door which was normal for it, guess i need to get it done since it survied the storms

Yup, happened where a coworker lives. Idk what the guys malfunction was, but that story was real upsetting.

Yeah it is understandable that you are pissed that you have no power. But beating up a man that is working to get it back to you is just plain wrong.

guess he lives on webber, for me in the vid that was 9:30 and by 10:30-11 the water was gone, lost one house in the area where i live, think i counted 59 house on the two street by me 53 had water damage and like 40 cars but my xj which has been sitting for like 3 years is fine water has mid door which was normal for it, guess i need to get it done since it survied the storms

Yeah one of my buddies is on webber. Friggen shame.

Back