• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Frankenstorm 2012

I drove in the woods this morning...I'll check this road again tomorrow
GEDC0731.jpg

Rainy and windy here... that's about it.

Rainy and windy here... that's about it.

Same. I'm 30 miles south of DC at work, but live in the city. Everyone and their mom is off today: fed govt, every school within a 100 mile radius of DC, metro is shut down, etc. And I'm sitting at work staring at a rough Potomac river outside. Can't wait for the drive home.

I'm about 2 miles from Mystic, CT and took a drive this morning since I'm off of work. I'm prepared for whatever the storm brings, but the tidal surge this morning already had water over the road in Olde Mystic.

im back in the shop, there is ZERO reason to be here. its starting to be borderline dangerous. constant 20+ mph wind, gusts to 45. topped the jeep back up with fuel. the just closed the FDR drive in places bc the river was coming up onto the roadway when i left the city. two tunnels are closing at 2, no empty tractor trailers allowed on the bridges... its not even high tide and north and south shores are flooding. storm is strengthening and we're being told to expect 90+ mph winds.

steady rain and a little wind here now.

when i woke up it was pretty silent and drizzling.

Stay safe Adam :thumbup: Good luck to you guys.

I'm leaving work in about an hour. Plan on being head of the worst of it.

Not supposed to get back here until 3-4.

I'm about 2 miles from Mystic, CT and took a drive this morning since I'm off of work. I'm prepared for whatever the storm brings, but the tidal surge this morning already had water over the road in Olde Mystic.

My dad's boat is still in the water on Narragansett bay. Worse case is someone shows up at your door with a fat insurance check. Atleast we got all the sails off.

Finally got word that our base is closing today at noon and won't reopen until wednesday morning.

My XJ is sitting in my parents driveway surrounded by huge oak trees. Last few bad storms we've had, big limbs have landed on my Dad's truck which was sitting right next to it. She wanted me to move it during this storm, but I figured a big limb or tree landing on the roof is just more reason to chop the top...

yeah. There were worse storms than this all year. At least so far.

yeah. There were worse storms than this all year. At least so far.

This is true, my GF's father just got his jeep redone after having a tree fall on it at work. The shitty part is.. It was on his insurance.
The storm before that the neighbors tree took the powerline off the house! talk about bad luck!

The voice of our generation

got out of work like 2 hours ago. i'm home and bored. looks like any ol rainy day outside

Starting to get pretty ****ing windy here. Looks wet. I have beer so its ok. GAME ON SANDY

Back