• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Frankenstorm 2012

Just got put on standby, might be going back to fairfield to move the pumps we delivered to higher ground.

Anyone see that Tower crane broken and dangling 90 stories up in NYC? That shits def coming down in spectacular fashion

lost my verizon wireless signal for a brief second. but it came back.

We've gotten some substantial water already, and it really hasn't even hit yet. I was out blasting around earlier. Here is a local wheeling spot on a normal day, and then again today. The water looks about 4 feet higher. Notice the rock on the right.

66587_3919899955671_1082501661_n.jpg

222494_3919732231478_1184943965_n.jpg

Lost power here a couple hours ago, some trees down and super gusty winds...

Anyone see that Tower crane broken and dangling 90 stories up in NYC? That shits def coming down in spectacular fashion

I saw that floating around on facebook, right alongside pictures of sharks swimming in the streets of Ocean City, and the Statue of Liberty totally sunken except her torch. Sh!t just got real. :sure:

Did you make it through?
We've gotten some substantial water already, and it really hasn't even hit yet. I was out blasting around earlier. Here is a local wheeling spot on a normal day, and then again today. The water looks about 4 feet higher. Notice the rock on the right.

66587_3919899955671_1082501661_n.jpg

222494_3919732231478_1184943965_n.jpg

Did you make it through?

Lol no. Even on a normal day the water is about 18" deep, with loose rocks at the bottom. Today it would have easily been up to the windshield. Blast, shoulda invested in that snorkel.

On a side note, things are picking up here. Steady hard rain now (was pretty pus$y before) and steady winds around 30mph if I had to guess. People seem to slowly be dropping off the power grid. Praise the heavens above, and our civil engineer. Our power lines are underground.

Lost power a little while ago. Hasnt rained for about an hour now, just wind.

I still have power at my house. lots of people around me have lost it but we haven't. keeping my fingers crossed

Still somehow have power also. Getting pounded With huge wind gusts and crazy rain

****. Screwed myself. Power just went out

We have had a few power flickers here. One was long enough that I considered going and turning on the generator :dunce:. A little south of us in the Lehigh valley the winds are constant 40-50 and gusts of 65, Nothing that bad here because we live on the west side of a mountain in the forest. Im going to head out after all is done with a chainsaw and see what needs to be done on the roads.

Still have power here. Flickered a couple times tonight. This afternoon, it went off long enough for my generator to automatically kick on and then go right back off.

Back