• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Frankenstorm 2012

3EAA2104-D3F3-4B6A-9975-18B1D938B293-12079-00000B755714371B.jpg

Here's route 54 in fenwick island Delaware by my beach house, it's crazy down the beach

No rain, very little wind, patchy clouds. Full moon lights up the outside. All you can hear is the hum of generators in the distance.

power's back here. Lost it for maybe 4 hours or so. I went out for a drive for a while, lots of roads closed off for downed trees etc, but doesn't look like any massive damage. I saw a good sized branch that took out the corner of a minivan, but that's all... I got out of working today, but I'm sure I'll be back there tomorrow...

Looks like nyc got pretty much wrecked, but I am doing fine in southbridge... the hurricane realized it couldn't make this town any worse and didn't bother.

Went out for a drive and cleared a few trees off the road.

Some flooding a few towns over from me, wind, rain, but nothing spectacular. DEFINITELY not as bad as the media is making it out to be. So far ive still got power, i think im on the only street with power in the entire town..... not complaining.

I drove down a blocked off street and was about to go through a water crossing, but was seeing how deep it was. Police version suburban comes flying up ( im thinking im screwed for going down a blocked off street) and he smashed through the water at like 30. ****in' awesome.

blue slies poking through here. no more rain and wind.

im dissapointed we lost power from something so weak.

ANNNNNND it's back

CLICK ^ for video

Wheelchair plus crutches with a sheet tied between them equals wheelchair sailing

lol that's ****ing AWESOME

Long Island and the city are disaster areas. Some parts of the island are okay, mostly inland Nassau county, but I could never have imagined how bad things are here. I still have family trapped in long beach, the Parkway was still under 6ft of water this morning. Gonna try and get over there tomorrow.

Ocean County got ROCKED. Boats in the middle of the street literally a mile or so from the marina. Floating docks wrapped around cars. I saw one boat wedged between two homes sideways - ripped off the vinyl siding and AC units knocked over. Some poor sap with a nice 30 something foot sportfisher with bridge rolled on its side and half sunk - that hurts. Commercial freezers that came from ????? in the middle of the street. Water in LBI up to 7 feet deep in some homes. Mystic Island and Osbourne Island homes swamped under 3-4 feet of water. This storm caused A LOT of damage here. We lost power last night around 10:30 and just got it back about an hour ago. Thousands still without power through Little Egg and Tuckerton

Back