• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ford Ranger VS Jeep XJ

Oh and guys, this is not me being a Ford lover, or a XJ Hater, for the record!! I loved my XJ, enjoyed the living crap out of my XJ, I just do not wheel Moab, or rocks, and prefer to be in the desert.

I at one point was as passionate about getting my XJ to work better than the Rangers and Yotas of the desert, and then I got to a point......... a juncture where I realized IFS would get me through the desert faster.....

And just so there is no doubt, a little picture to remember the ragtop!!

DSC_0636.jpg

DSC_0633.jpg

DAMN! thats a nice looking XJ! Someone get video for us non cali guys to watch. GO JIM! :D I agree with you guys though. If I was to blast through the desert I'd build a taco with an STS turbo kit but i'm in Indiana so no need for that unless you are bajaXJ! :D

Rich, ask one of your buddies to let you borrow something with power and travel!!

Hey Jim, so if your strapping on 2.5's, doesnt that put your XJ a bit over the entry level similar spend.... .that puts you in the 10K-15K ranger type doesnt it? Cause if so, then I can bring out a Ranger with a bit more work done.. hahahah
Absolutely not, I'll barely spend more on the 2.5's than I would on the 2.0's. And for the record, I only have about $2000 into my suspension, IF that. I see a shock hoop on that ranger too.

watching that vid of the xj rip through the dessert reminds me why the east coast sucks but i still love it. my money is on crazy Jim -unibody station wagon FTW-

Absolutely not, I'll barely spend more on the 2.5's than I would on the 2.0's. And for the record, I only have about $2000 into my suspension, IF that. I see a shock hoop on that ranger too.

You have only spent $2000 because you got a deal on the majority of your parts.... but if you looked at retail, you have $1000 alone in shocks and $750 on the air bump in the front. Thats $1750 alone for shocks and bumps!! Not including track bars, upper and lower control arms, chasis stiffeners, and drop brackets!!

And by the way, the prices I shared were retail on the Ranger. I agree, you could get a better deal on those parts as well.

HAHA wow, ranger vs. xj ............ Jim I love your enthusiasm man really I do, I know and have seen Matts ranger and of course your's too, but I gotta say Ranger all the way!!!! I had my XJ hooked up, theres just no way, I could have kept up with matt, or tony in his bronco now, We couldnt even keep up in tonys bronco, and Matts ranger is not even hooked up up, and he left us like we were standing still, Travel is gonna kill you man like it does all xj"s.

That video I took, and the video does the whoops no justice. I know the xj would have been pounding the shit out of the front, where as the ranger was just floating along. Theres just so much a Xj can do, unfortuantly going fast isnt one of them. I learned that lesson the hard way lol. Thats why im on the prowl for a f150 so I can really go fast haha. I love XJ's man and im behind you all the way... just make sure to bring tools and what not if you break something pushing her that hard, be safe ..

word from the wise 4 point harness !!!! at the least, if you aint got it get it !!

You have only spent $2000 because you got a deal on the majority of your parts.... but if you looked at retail, you have $1000 alone in shocks and $750 on the air bump in the front. Thats $1750 alone for shocks and bumps!! Not including track bars, upper and lower control arms, chasis stiffeners, and drop brackets!!

And by the way, the prices I shared were retail on the Ranger. I agree, you could get a better deal on those parts as well.

Who still pays retail for parts? Why when you can buy good used parts for alot cheaper. If I spend 2K on used parts, that what "I" have into my jeep. If someone else spends over 5K on new parts, thats what he has into his rig. It's the out of pocket expense, not retail.

Well if that's the case, I have a buddy with a linked F150 that he bought for 6k. 22 inches up front and 28 in the rear. Can we bring that instead. Hahahahahhaha

this is just like the damn street races "oh yea?!? well my buddy blah blah blah" :roflmao:ive got plenty of buddies with bad street cars but unless its YOUR machine who cares?

Back