• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ford Ranger VS Jeep XJ

Just saw the show... now I want a Raptor.....

Rich, I have heard nothing but raving about the truck..... 12"of travel in the front with a wider track!! Seems like a small little air bump, maybe replace the FOX shock with one that has a Resi.... and your set!! It looks badassss

I took a test ride (off road course) in a Raptor at Primm. For a stock truck, that thing is awesome. It handles woops/bumpsbetter then our 7118 truck, and my guess is it could keep up with the Jeepspeed field. It also has off-road capable antilock brakes. 70 to 0 in loose dirt=amazing.
And it's purdy tooo!
Expensive though,....

I took a test ride (off road course) in a Raptor at Primm. For a stock truck, that thing is awesome. It handles woops/bumpsbetter then our 7118 truck, and my guess is it could keep up with the Jeepspeed field. It also has off-road capable antilock brakes. 70 to 0 in loose dirt=amazing.
And it's purdy tooo!
Expensive though,....
yea man I saw it at the Primm race it looks soo nice I want one

Too bad there are not too many of these running around.
sd10.jpg

This thread make me want to get a Sierra and put glass fenders and 35's on it! That way I have an XJ and a sweet ass tow rig! :D

Just saw the show... now I want a Raptor.....

Rich, I have heard nothing but raving about the truck..... 12"of travel in the front with a wider track!! Seems like a small little air bump, maybe replace the FOX shock with one that has a Resi.... and your set!! It looks badassss

They've been promoting the Raptor since early last year at the BITD races.
Last I heard, those fox shocks were an internal bypass.

-Dan

Donahoe the child molester? He is in Jail right now, don't know what happened to the truck.

WTF? Eeeew. I didn't even know that until you just said it. The power of Google.

Now I feel kind of dirty with a Donahoe lift on my Excursion. I guess I will just call it an Icon Vehichle Dynamics Lift now.

Fox spent a year on the shocks, and from what I hear they are 3 tube internal bypass. Ford's take is that 12 inch's of travel valved to perfection is ten times better than most off-road vehicles with much more travel and mediocre valving.

Fox spent a year on the shocks, and from what I hear they are 3 tube internal bypass. Ford's take is that 12 inch's of travel valved to perfection is ten times better than most off-road vehicles with much more travel and mediocre valving.

Good thinking. :thumbup:

They also have some sort of an internal air/hydro bump stop. Very smooth!

Back