• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

For those of you running Rusty's tracbar

Care to explain how coil overs negate needing a track bar?

Ramsey said:
Care to explain how coil overs negate needing a track bar?
What I was trying to say, not paying enough attention is when they four link the front they are able to run a track link that does not bind like what seems to happen to our style set up, they are able to limit that bind.

Last edited:
yeah, with a triangulated system... Thats not really a straight bolt on for any stock jeep....

ZacSquatch said:
yeah, with a triangulated system... Thats not really a straight bolt on for any stock jeep....
Definitely understand that, I just have to think when there is nothing to limit all that stress and weight a track bar is going to break.

Not something a lot of us thing about on our lifted DD rigs. Shit happens, tie-rod ends break. He just had it happen at the wrong time and place. True, maybe Rusty should use higher quality ends but as ya'll have said, its not a blame game on his products. Its the price we pay to play.

Oh snap.... now having almost 10 years and 7000 + posts is a negative? How cute is that? Have you met Ketchup yet? Oh are you in for a big fawking ball of stupidity and fun for you.

Run along child. :smootch:

Jester99 said:
I'm not wasting my time searching for Rusty's threads. I've been on this forum for years, only lately as an official member, but I've read enough over the years and bought enough from them to know that they sell junk. 99% is a figure of speech, an exaggeration...meaning a lot in Layman's. I haven't been on here longer than you Mr. 7,000+ poster because I have other things to attend too. I know what I've read and what other people have said. I don't need anything else.

Hi Glenn! :wave1:

I'm the epitome of a member properly using this forum. Been on here longer than nearly everyone and have just over 1800 posts. I rock! ;)

Who is to say others haven't been "properly using this forum"? Who are you to say what is the proper and unproper way? Are we all to be lil Tom R.'s ?

I don't think so..

Tom R. said:
Hi Glenn! :wave1:

I'm the epitome of a member properly using this forum. Been on here longer than nearly everyone and have just over 1800 posts. I rock! ;)
Tom, you are a slacker. :viking:

And ya ainit be here longer than me, LOL.

The proper thing to do is post goatse in a public forum and wait for the hilarity to ensue. Oh and to agree with glenn with a big ole x2.

Glenn there was a hint of sarcasm in my post if you didn't notice...I like being shot down. It puts things in perspective:jester:

I have been waiting a very long time for a thread like this to come along.

And although 99% of posts about rustys are not negative, an alarming number are.

It's sort of like Ebay...would you buy from an Ebay store that had say...maybe a 75% rating? Doubtful.

If Rusty had an ebay rating, judging from what I have seen on this site alone I would bet he has at least a 50% disaproval rating...and thats being kind.

Honestly, for all of you who have been here awhile and are still buying his crap...you are fools. Over and over and over there are threads started bashing either his service, parts or shipping and yet people still give their money to him.

All I can say is I hope the owner of that jeep sues him and I whether he wins the suit or not...I hope news of the suit gets around to every 4x4 site on the net. It might not put him out of buisness, which I don't really wanna see. But I hope it would at least scare him enough to either quit selling crappy parts or fix the crap he sells.

This is a bad place to voice your "Rusty's" comments. That being said, then Jester and Glenn or whom ever wants can flame Rusty in a thread which will be read across the web. This one is or should be dedicated to this poor guy who lost his Jeep and nearly lost his life. NAXJA should not support or condone any further use of their site to defame an already shady company like the one mentioned. As Ghost said in another thread it is probably just defective cheap Chinese steel at the root of the problem.
Start another thread to chastise "RUSTY'S" products and give the guy who lost his Jeep a little respect for the dead.

Maybe if the guy hadn't put a lift on a barbie powerwheels jeep the TRe wouldn't have failed and/or rolled his ride.

:laugh2:

He's ok, he'll probably get a different product next time, no need to mourn a vehicle.

90Blue_XJ said:
This is a bad place to voice your "Rusty's" comments. That being said, then Jester and Glenn or whom ever wants can flame Rusty in a thread which will be read across the web. This one is or should be dedicated to this poor guy who lost his Jeep and nearly lost his life. NAXJA should not support or condone any further use of their site to defame an already shady company like the one mentioned. As Ghost said in another thread it is probably just defective cheap Chinese steel at the root of the problem.
Start another thread to chastise "RUSTY'S" products and give the guy who lost his Jeep a little respect for the dead.
Then maybe Rusty shouldn't be using defective cheap Chinese steel.

If this was the first time anything had been posted about Rusty and his junk I would agree with you but search back through NAXJA's history. One of these threads comes up about once a month. Funny you don't get that many threads about RE or TNT or any other manufacturer out there. If you stand back and look at it there must be a reason for this.

And why shouldn't it be brought to peoples attention on a public forum? If this thread keeps one person from buying his junk and it saves their life...its totally worth it in my book.

ZacSquatch said:
Who is to say others haven't been "properly using this forum"? Who are you to say what is the proper and unproper way? Are we all to be lil Tom R.'s ?
You're darn toot'n. Either shape up or ship out!

Glenn B said:
Tom, you are a slacker. :viking:

And ya ainit be here longer than me, LOL.
Slacker I is. :)

Must be that member #69 that threw me off. ;)

I've got his tow hook brackets and they bent pretty quickly when being pulled on, but I gotta say his service has been good for me.

A quote from the driver of the Jeep
"The fact is I was told that the rusty's track bar was weaker than some of the others. But I was more concerned about price and figured that if it did break it would be on the trail and a quick fix. I never thought it would break how it did. Saving a few bucks nearly cost me my life. When you find the asphalt is less than an inch from your head you rethink the importance of quality parts, seat belts, and a roll cage."

Back